Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - Message Boards Disruptions!

It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 08:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Message Boards Disruptions!
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 20:20 
Administrator

As many of you know that I've been away for some time, and now that I'm back, I was expecting to find the message boards I had created almost 2 years ago to be as nice and friendly as it's always been. However, this was not the case and I found so many arguments and disruptions and mainly, most of them about adding new virtual airlines to our organization.

In another topic, I have mentioned why we do not need to add more virtual airlines. If you really need to fly for an airline that we don't offer here at SimAirline.net and you find it at other organizations, or even individual virtual airlines, you're most welcome to join them as well.

The Message Boards are meant to be there to help members communicate with members in a nice and friendly manner, also arguments can be nice and friendly. Everybody should be respectful to one another, in the end, we're all here because we love aviation.

Some also, blamed management for doing their jobs and locking topics that needed to be locked. Management don't just act on their own, we have a set of rules and everybody follows it.

Until Aaron returns after his crashed computer, I ask management to directly forward all boards disruptions to me either PM or email (I'll be checking both multiple times a day), and I shall take action against offenders myself.

I thank you all for your understanding, but with more members, comes more rules.

Last but not least, please take the time to think, SimAirline.net is here for you to enjoy, Aaron and I as well as all other management members and the moderating team are here to make sure SimAirline.net is run the way it was designed to run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 20:22 
Pilot

Very well said. Thank you Ali! :)

FS Flights: 180 Hours: 538:30 Miles: 230,218
Simairline.net Logbook
^Thanks to David Malinowski for the banner! (DMM200)^

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 20:23 
Pilot

I stand behind management and what they say is LAW!!! :lol:

Post subject: Re: Message Boards Disruptions!
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 20:58 
Pilot

Ali Abou-Zeid wrote:
The Message Boards are meant to be there to help members communicate with members in a nice and friendly manner, also arguments can be nice and friendly. Everybody should be respectful to one another, in the end, we're all here because we love aviation.

You're right. I find myself forgetting this sometimes, and becoming more disrespectful than I need to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 21:08 
Pilot

Fair points Ali :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 21:13 
Pilot

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 21:38 
Management/Moderator

Valid points Ali.

You seem to have rejoined us at the time when most arguments are happening. Before this week evrything was settled and calm, but I still agree that we should promote a friendlier atmosphere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 22:10 
Pilot

well to me, and some others, there just concerns. I think, that if someone, or I were to state my opinion, (if bad, or the other way from everyone else) that some people on here would attack us. Its just an opinion. Everyones different right? I dont understand why we are jumping all over each other when certain things can just be typed nicely.

Like, heres an example I just went through.

"Why cant we expand?"

WRONG WAY = "Because we are not!! You are selfish!! LOGOUT AND LEAVE YOU PINHEAD!!!"

Like, comon people, thats stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 22:17 
Management/Moderator

That's the response after being asked by the same person 40 times, the first response was something like " We're not expanding beyond our currently lined up expansion plan, for reasons please see... link to why "

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 22:22 
Management/Moderator

Sometimes we think people do things like this to annoy us. It has been mentioned hundreds of times that we will not expand. There are threads and everything.

Before asking something, lurk around in the forums to see if there's anything related to what you are gonna ask. If not, then there's a search function below the SimAirline.net logo that can be useful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 22:25 
Administrator

Hello deadman,

I, by no way am giving an excuse, I'm more of explaining how things seem to be.

Here's the situation, SimAirline.net has about +/- 600 members, now that we have everything laid down nicely and we work really hard on that, we expect our users (pilots) to read the announcements and documents that we post regarding our operations and such. So, what would you do if you were in any management's place and you see many people asking the same question, while you spent the previous week half of your weekend working on compiling just the perfect document and discussing the reasons why we would not expand, and why we chose the airlines we have. Then you're greeted by someone asking the question you just spent your weekend writing about in order to avoid being asked that question. Well, not avoid but, why answer the question multiple times while you can actually write the answer down for people to read.

Unfortunately, this is something that I thought it's only in the Egyptian people, but I have found it in many others. It is that people hate to read, while if you just take the time and read the document that's been provided for you, I'm 100% sure, you'll have all answers to the questions you had in mind, and even some more.

So, I ask each and every member of SimAirline.net to read our announcements and documents, they're made for you to read, not to re-ask us the questions already answered there.

For example, I've been away from SimAirline.net for quite a while, as I've been in the army, then flight training, then taking care of personal issues. Now instead of me having to read and take care of all those issues and writing numerous messages here on the boards explaining to people why we would not expand and why things are taking place the way they are and not in another way, while all those answers are already in either pages available on our site, or in announcements that we make here on the Message Boards. I could've invested this time to maybe fly, or work on the new version of our pilot roster system which has been waiting to be released since early April 2007, or may I could've slept since I have a really bad headache.

That is what causes us (Management) to get really frustrated at some times.

Again, I apologize on behalf of any management member and on behalf of SimAirline.net of any incident to you or any other member in which you felt insulted and/or mistreated while it was just a matter of understanding.

On a side note, I'd like to point that 80% of communication lies in "Body Language" something we don't have here in our TYPING environment. So, if you think something can be interpreted in two different ways, I ask you to please consider it and take it to be the better one.

Sorry for my long post, but needed to make things a bit clear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 22:26 
Management/Moderator

Mods, Managers and normal pilots get very angry when the same question is asked over and over again, so that is why we blow our heads sometimes. Recently many people have come in who do not contribute to the boards constructively and demand new VAs to be opened, often insulting members of the management.

I say we forget about all of these arguments and continue to post constructive answers and questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 23:43 
Pilot

I'm not trying to start another flame war, but I'm just going to state for those of you who think that the management isn't doing enough: SimAirline is not our life. We have other things (school, jobs, ect.) to do, and Flight Simulator is just a hobby. Enough said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2007, 00:39 
Pilot

Quote:
"Why cant we expand?"

WRONG WAY = "Because we are not!! You are selfish!! LOGOUT AND LEAVE YOU PINHEAD!!!"

Like, comon people, thats stupid.

First of all, the "logout and leave you pinhead" was after that certain individual had harassed ten seperate topics regarding the same issue. Not to mention a series of irritating posts.

Here's a simple way to settle this. Go on the Project Opensky forum and ask them for a release date, I guarantee you'll be crucified for doing that. Why? They have it posted everywhere saying "DON'T ASK FOR RELEASE DATES." In that same respect, we not only have posts saying "Why Expansion Will End" we also have a lovely little feature called "search" which allows users to type in a word or phrase and see what's been posted before. If this certain person had done any one of these things, then I assure you wouldn't have seen anything like what happened.

Last edited by CaseyD on 06 Dec 2007, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2007, 05:21 
Pilot

Thanks Casey for standing up fpr me there and if I have insulted anyone I do apologize but I just hate it when people keep bring up the same crap. There is just no need for it. If you ever feel I have insulted you please feel free to pm or email me. The only time I will not give an apology is when it is the pinhead who started the thread that got us heated. So like I said my apologizes to you who I insult unless you are the one that starts these subjects/threads

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2007, 05:46 
Pilot

seahawks7757 wrote:
The only time I will not give an apology is when it is the pinhead who started the thread that got us heated.

:?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2007, 07:24 
Pilot

COA413 wrote:
seahawks7757 wrote:
The only time I will not give an apology is when it is the pinhead who started the thread that got us heated.

:?:

as it states is correct. I call those people Pinheads instead of other names that would get me in trouble :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2007, 23:53 
Pilot

I just found it ironic that you spent all that time apologizing, then went on to call some guy a "pinhead."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2007, 01:11 
Pilot

COA413 wrote:
I just found it ironic that you spent all that time apologizing, then went on to call some guy a "pinhead."

I never called anyone a pinhead what I stated was "If you are the pinhead who started the discussion I WILL NOT apologize to you if I insult you". Basically what I am saying is dont look for an apology if you are the pinhead and if you read any o the forums you can typically figure out who it is :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2007, 01:33 

Quote:
I never called anyone a pinhead what I stated was

Quote:
If you are the pinhead

:?

ASEL/AMEL/IFR