Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - New SimAirline.net Message Boards online!

It is currently 24 Jun 2019, 14:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New SimAirline.net Message Boards online!
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 02:22 
Pilot

Still not sure how I like this. Especially with how hard it is to change my sig(actually not change it at all). Very weird.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 03:07 
Pilot

I like the new features. However, the system won't let me reply my PMs.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 03:17 
Pilot

Looks good so far, but will definitely take some getting used to.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 03:26 
Pilot

Its Really Nice, I Like it
although it will take a while to get used to,
but overall very nice...

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 04:43 

Ali Abou-Zeid wrote:
caps1237 wrote:
Yeh, I'm not sure I like the look of it too much, but I'm sure the features are worth it.

And I'm sure you can see it too, but just to confirm, the quotes aren't working.

It is weird it worked for me, I've been checking on that since the post above. Still looking :)

caps1237 wrote:
Just noticed something new as well: When you click on a link, it takes you out of the message boards and onto the new page. For something like the screenshots section, that gets really annoying.

It always did that. Or do you mean it opens the new page in the same window? Previous boards opened a new window.

I meant it changed the page you are currently viewing, and without opening a new window (like the old boards did), it changes the page to the screenshot. This way, I have to hit back just to look at the page again, and I can't open up more than one screenshot at a time.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 05:44 
Pilot

Why are there Yahoo and Google bots on? :?
What is the point of them(sorry got the stupid "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again" and I have found by making the post longer it lets you post :?

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 07:26 
Pilot

I really like the new message boards. !!!! Thanks for the upgrade Ali . :D

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 07:37 
Management

I like the new look, more proper looking and more boxy.
Good job, Ali !

Brandon, why do you need to change your signature so often anyway ? Our attention-span isn't so short that the signature gets dated within a week.

Also, pardon my ignorance, but what are Yahoo/Google bots ?

samuel.arnold@simairline.net | AIM: SamArnold960

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 08:08 
Pilot

Samuel Arnold wrote:
I like the new look, more proper looking and more boxy.
Good job, Ali !

Brandon, why do you need to change your signature so often anyway ? Our attention-span isn't so short that the signature gets dated within a week.

Also, pardon my ignorance, but what are Yahoo/Google bots ?

huh let me think about it well because We're out of the playoffs. No point in having this sig if there done. I am gonna go back to one of my old ones.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 08:18 
Management

Fair point, but is it really necessary to advertise silly football teams...

One issue i dislike about the new boards is the poster's name on each reply, as it's really small and if the person is not identifiable by a signature, then you've got to look hard to see who they are..

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 08:20 
Administrator

The bots are always there scanning many pages on the web, it just shows they're here. It's useful, because when you search the Internet, this is how you find us. Don't worry, they're not there to participate in our discussions.

For getting errors about the forms being invalid, I ask you to allow some time while editing the forms (changing settings, posting, PMs...etc.)

It's part of the security and anti-spam measures, that doesn't allow a form to submit until a certain amount of time had passed.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 08:27 
Administrator

I have decreased the value to 5 seconds. I believe no one will post any form within 5 seconds from the page loading unless it's a computer system filling in the form!

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 08:32 
Management

Ali Abou-Zeid wrote:
I have decreased the value to 5 seconds. I believe no one will post any form within 5 seconds from the page loading unless it's a computer system filling in the form!

What was the time value before you just decreased it ? I was filling-out for over 60 seconds, but the features still didn't work properly...

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 08:39 
Administrator

Was only 20 seconds.

Let's find out. I only started using the whole thing with you guys. I was converting and customizing the colours and style during the time the others were locked.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 08:42 
Management/Moderator

It's Looking good Ali
I like how you don't need to go into another window to get the other smilies :winking:

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 09:07 
Pilot

Hey Ali any idea when the sig changing thing will be available so we can change them?

Quote:

Hence why I'm trying to change it :wink:

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 09:15 
Management

seahawks7757 wrote:
Hey Ali any idea when the sig changing thing will be available so we can change them?
Quote:

Hence why I'm trying to change it :wink:

*sigh of overwhelming relief* That, Brandon, is a very good piece of rebuttal.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 09:17 
Administrator

seahawks7757 wrote:

Can you not change your signature from your "User Control Panel" --> Profile --> Signature?

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 17:00 
Management/Moderator

Very nice Ali!

Thanks for all the hard work. These new boards have some nice features like the online / offline box next to the name and all of the smilies at the side.

It's going to be weird getting used to them and ironing out the creases, but I can tell a lot of work has gone into setting them up.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 17:04 
Administrator

Thanks Alex :)

I bet you in 2 weeks, if I show you the old boards you'd go like "What on Earth were we using before?" ha ha ha ha!! Just like a new version of Windows or FS :) But the good thing is that the boards are not a Micro$oft product :rolling:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next