Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - New Roster System Open

It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 08:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2006, 17:47 
Pilot

Would it be possible to have a seperate log book for unmoderated flights?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2006, 20:06 
Administrator

That's one possibility that may happen, or having all PIREPs in the logbook, but in a separate style until approved.

SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2006, 21:40 
Pilot

I just submitted my first PIREPs and it looks very nice. Some comments and questions:

1. when you enter the flight date it is in dd/mm/year format but on the confirmation page it is mm/dd/year. Could it be made consistent, and can each pilot set a preference as to which format they would like?

2. I find it easier to just type the time, instead of using pull-down menus.

3. is the flight date supposed to be the real date we flew it or the virtual date?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2006, 22:48 
Administrator

Quote:
1. when you enter the flight date it is in dd/mm/year format but on the confirmation page it is mm/dd/year. Could it be made consistent, and can each pilot set a preference as to which format they would like?

Thanks. This will be fixed if possible. It's not possible to have a pilot's preference used though.

Quote:
2. I find it easier to just type the time, instead of using pull-down menus.

The menu is there so it's impossible to file invalid flight times. I've received flight times before where the time was greater than 2400, or where the pilot didn't file in 24-hour time. This reduces that problem a great deal.

Quote:
3. is the flight date supposed to be the real date we flew it or the virtual date?

Up to you, but since it's your logbook, the real date is probably better for most people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2006, 05:57 
Pilot

im getting a problem where it won't let me file a PIREP. it says Error Filing PIREP, contact Ali-Aboul-Zied if problem persists.

any reason for the glitch?

:)Ramos

Post subject: Additional validation routines for roster system
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2006, 12:31 
Pilot

Two additional things to help automate the roster system even more, and ultimately speed things up when Aaron finally approves PIREPs:

1. FLIGHT NUMBER VALIDATION
-Will require research for all virtual airlines to determine what flight numbers are indeed valid and invalid for that virtual airline.
-If flight number entered is in the code-share range, an error message should appear that the flight number is a code-share flight that is actually operated by X Virtual Airlines, and the link to go to the correct PIREP page.
-If flight number entered is not part of the valid flight number list, it prevents the PIREP from being accepted until the flight number is valid.

Pros: 1) Validation would be instantaneous, and it will prevent PIREP submissions that have code-share flight numbers, 2) With PHP, validation code is very easy to implement.
Cons: 1) Would require regular research to make sure the valid flight number lists are current.

2. DEPARTURE/ARRIVAL AIRPORT VALIDATION
-If pilot enters the same departure/arrival airport (it happens sometimes esp if you don't double-check your submission), then it should spit out an error message saying, "Departure/Arrival Airport Cannot Be The Same - Please Retry"

Since Ali is on military leave, this idea will have to wait and be implemented at a later time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2006, 15:00 
Administrator

Quote:
im getting a problem where it won't let me file a PIREP.

I can't help further unless you help me further by emailing me and detailing the problem.

Quote:
Cons: 1) Would require regular research to make sure the valid flight number lists are current.

Not feasible, since these change as often as every month. It's not worth the time to check for changes when I can just tell from judging the PIREP myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 May 2006, 23:24 
Pilot

After confirming your PIREP there's a link to submit another PIREP for this airline which I don't think is working correctly. It apparently has code to take you back 3 pages in your history when I believe it should be 2:

-1 back to PIREP confirmation
-2 back to PIREP input page (what you want)
-3 back to unknown

I think it would more useful if instead of a link it was a button, and have an additional button to submit a PIREP for a different airline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 May 2006, 02:33 
Pilot

I was wondering...when the PIREP system has caught up to itself how long should it take from filing a PIREP to verification?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 May 2006, 01:56 
Administrator

Probably 24 to 36 hours. My to-do list is about 20 items at the moment, so it'll be next week at the earliest to get caught up on everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 May 2006, 02:31 
Pilot

Alright. Sounds good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 May 2006, 14:23 
Pilot

Will the logbook be updated to show our total hours (and add our pre-roster hours)?

Also, no one responded to my previous inquiry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 May 2006, 15:30 
Administrator

Quote:
Will the logbook be updated to show our total hours (and add our pre-roster hours)?

The pilot roster shows your total hours. Do you mean on the logbook page itself? Logbooks will not (in the foreseeable future) contain pre-roster system hours. The time and expense in including such information would be enormous.

Quote:
Also, no one responded to my previous inquiry.

Your comment confuses me. After filing a PIREP, you're taken to http://www.simairline.net/thank_you.html. Perhaps I didn't reply because I changed the setup right around the time you posted it. If so, I apologize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 May 2006, 16:30 
Pilot

Just a suggestion but would it be possible to somehow have a section that shows the PIREPS that are submitted but have NOT been approved yet, maybe a "pending" section for lack of a better term?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 May 2006, 18:14 
Administrator

A common suggestion, and one that will be implemented if possible upon Ali's return.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 May 2006, 21:01 
Pilot

Aaron Robinson wrote:
Your comment confuses me. After filing a PIREP, you're taken to http://www.simairline.net/thank_you.html. Perhaps I didn't reply because I changed the setup right around the time you posted it. If so, I apologize.

Perhaps not all VA's have the updated code; I filed PIREPs for NWA and Concorde this weekend and didn't see the "thank you" page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 May 2006, 21:22 
Administrator

Thanks for notifying me about the problem in our coding. I've corrected it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2006, 15:07 
Pilot

Thanks Aaron!

Post subject: Re: Additional validation routines for roster system
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2006, 08:46 
Administrator

simairline318 wrote:
2. DEPARTURE/ARRIVAL AIRPORT VALIDATION
-If pilot enters the same departure/arrival airport (it happens sometimes esp if you don't double-check your submission), then it should spit out an error message saying, "Departure/Arrival Airport Cannot Be The Same - Please Retry"

Since Ali is on military leave, this idea will have to wait and be implemented at a later time.

First of all, I'm back on vacation for 5 days of which 2 have already passed, anyway, this is already implemented in the system, you get them both in red again in the confirmation page.