Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - Banner sigs

It is currently 18 Jul 2018, 01:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Banner sigs
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 02:20 
Pilot

I think this one pretty much answers for itself, however I'd like to see what others have to say about my question. I'd like to know if there would be any possibility of allowing other non-simairline.net related banners IF either A) the banners were rotated through a script hosted on a server or B) you created a GIF and had your banners rotating all the time and as long as your simairline.net banner(s) was showing regularly in addition to non-simairline.net banners that would seldom show or something.

Obviously banners would have to be in good taste, I understand that it is good professionalism/image to the VA to have only simairline.net related however I think if other professional/decent banners were added it might give way to other conversational interest for the off topic board.

This isn't really a suggestion, but I'd like to know why only simairline.net banners? If there was a way I'd like to include my CAP (Civil Air patrol) banner, my old simairline.net banner and of course my new one as well. I'd like to keep all my banners together rather than having to reference EACH banner on its own or sticking it in a GIF so that no matter what forum I visit I can at least have one banner/code for everything.

Post subject: Re: Banner sigs
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 02:48 
Administrator

All are fine, although the animated GIF banner comes with a caveat on a reasonable file size.

Tradition started with just using SimAirline.net airlines, although other aviation-related ones are fine, so long as they don't feature non-SimAirline.net airlines.

SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 05:18 
Pilot

Aaron Robinson wrote:
All are fine, although the animated GIF banner comes with a caveat on a reasonable file size.

Tradition started with just using SimAirline.net airlines, although other aviation-related ones are fine, so long as they don't feature non-SimAirline.net airlines.

Good point about animated GIF... will have to play and see but I also have an image rotator, nah I wouldn't want to prominently display another airline we do not offer (like TWA or AA, etc). As long as you are ok with me putting up CAP, simairline.net at least.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 09:02 
Pilot

What about Aloha? Would they be aloud now that they are a dead passenger airline?

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 16:40 
Pilot

seahawks7757 wrote:
What about Aloha? Would they be aloud now that they are a dead passenger airline?

I would think not, but I am not management. However if you put a "Tribute to Aloha Airlines" (which I think Nick should convert his screenshot to) he could do that for awhile I'll bet :)

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 16:42 
Administrator

That would be fine for a reasonable length of time.

SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 19:53 
Management/Moderator

mynetdude wrote:
seahawks7757 wrote:

I would think not, but I am not management. However if you put a "Tribute to Aloha Airlines" (which I think Nick should convert his screenshot to) he could do that for awhile I'll bet :)

It says "Farewell / Goodbye, Aloha" in Hawaiian.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 20:05 
Pilot

Northwestdc9 wrote:
mynetdude wrote:
seahawks7757 wrote:

It says "Farewell / Goodbye, Aloha" in Hawaiian.

Well yeah, I was saying you should turn it into a banner and prominently display it for awhile... :)

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 20:08 
Management/Moderator

Never! Northwest/KLM all the way!

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 20:38 
Pilot

Till it turns into Delta/KLM. :twisted:

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008, 00:40 
Pilot

Aaron Robinson wrote:
That would be fine for a reasonable length of time.

Thanks Aaron. It'll probably be only a week or so. Everyone watch out for a new one to rollout soon. :)

CaseyD wrote:
Till it turns into Delta/KLM. :twisted:

:rolling: :rolling:
I look forward to that day. :twisted:

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008, 01:01 
Management/Moderator

Was that really necessary? If your aim is to piss me off, there are better ways to do it.

And just FYI you mean Delta/Air France, without Northwest I don't see KLM lasting all that long on it's own before they merge it all the way into Air France.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008, 01:16 
Pilot

Quote:
Was that really necessary?

Was it really unnecessary? It will likely happen at some point or another. Both airlines want it to happen, they just have to find a way around their pilots. And in the end, we all know who always wins between management and pilots.

KLM can certainly survive without Northwest. If anything, they'd be better off without Northwest. Less need to feel obligated to serve useless cities.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008, 22:52 
Pilot

For two mods always telling others to cool it, this makes me :laugh: at the hypocrisy. :roll:

Click on the thread, "Banner sigs", to argue about NW/DL and AF/KL. No thanks.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008, 23:20 
Pilot

What are you talking about. Casey's not management anymore. :wink:

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 02:21 
Pilot

yeah, but TBH everybody including I hijack threads regularly... a big habit ;)

Speaking of banners, I just noticed Samuel Arnold's banner at first I didn't pay close attention to what was really on the livery but I noticed his banner is prominently displaying several airlines on the star alliance plane that simairline.net has except for United Airlines in its "grey" band thats when I noticed the livery "seemed" out of place.

Did they really intentionally paint it that way? Or was it edited to look that way? IIRC I thought we were not supposed to show airlines that we do not have here at simairline.net? I know Star Alliance is not an airline, and I don't have a problem with it I just noticed the out of place grey band and noticed it was from UA's old colors before they went to the blue/white.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 02:40 
Management/Moderator

It was actually painted that way and that aircraft is acceptable as it's mostly Varig.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 02:47 
Pilot

Northwestdc9 wrote:
It was actually painted that way and that aircraft is acceptable as it's mostly Varig.

I noticed it tended to look more like Varig... I just wasn't sure if they painted it that way... never seen other star alliance multi logo paints on US carriers like United (I have seen them wearing the star alliance logo near the hatch/door but behind the cockpit window, etc.

Thanks for the heads up :)

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 02:52 
Pilot

NWADC9 wrote:
For two mods always telling others to cool it, this makes me :laugh: at the hypocrisy. :roll:

Click on the thread, "Banner sigs", to argue about NW/DL and AF/KL. No thanks.

Yeah, not only am I not a mod anymore, I'm not even a management member anymore. That ended months ago. Where have you been? :rolling:

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 02:54 
Management/Moderator

There's a few United Star Alliance aircraft out there like this one: http://www.airliners.net/photo/United-A ... 1279372/L/