CO60. EWR-BRU

Ask and learn how to fly better and more realistically.

Moderator: Moderating Team

CO60
Pilot

CO60. EWR-BRU

Post by CO60 » 27 Jun 2009, 21:15

Hello Everyone,

If i want to cross the Atlantic Ocean to get to EBBR (Brussels National Luchthaven) on Vatsim,
What do i need to do? I heard something about a clearance? :)

Gr.

CO60

Dennis
Management/Moderator

Re: CO60. EWR-BRU

Post by Dennis » 27 Jun 2009, 22:39

If you are using Vatsim, you'd have to do it the way real life does it: get cleared for a flight, for pushback, for engine start, for taxi, for takeoff...do I need to go on?

If you aren't experienced with Vatsim (or any ATC directions at all), read this tutorial, and I'd recommend not doing any flights online until you think you're ready or else you might find some angry flight controllers.
^^Courtesy of Fraser Jeffery. To SimAirline.net. It's been a blast!^^
*Click on the banner for the latest on Viewpoint, the official SimAirline.net blog*

RatherBFlyin

Re: CO60. EWR-BRU

Post by RatherBFlyin » 28 Jun 2009, 04:38

Not necessarily true. For your first few (dozen) flights on VATSIM, just indicate in the notes for your flight plan that you are new to the servers and ATC will (usually) do everything they can to help you out.

Transatlantic flights do require a little extra planning, though. If you are flying online, they typically want you to follow the daily North Atlantic Track (NAT) routing. These tracks change daily, so you need to keep on top of your proverbial ball. The page I provided only shows a visual depiction of the tracks, it doesn't give you the actual waypoints for each segment of the track.

If necessary, I can explain more later. However, I am exhausted right now and just want to go to bed. :P