Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - Flight Plans FS2004

It is currently 16 Oct 2018, 23:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Flight Plans FS2004
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2009, 11:58 
Pilot

I couldn't find a thread on here, so if there is one somwhere I'm sorry.

Father than 'flying direct' I want to start using flight plans properly, So at the moment I look on flightaware for an aircraft that has flown the route.

i.e KORD-KOKC
ACITO ADELL ARLYN STL J8 SGF J98 TUL GULLI1
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SKW5 ... /KORD/KOKC

How do I edit my flight plan in the flight planner to replicate this.........
At the moment I've been clicking the screen on every waypoint/VOR/Airway hoping I hit the correct one, I find the odd one from time to time, But there must be another way.

I'm yet to fly IFR on VATSIM, just circuit bashing to get a better understanding of radio talk, but when I do, filing the correct flight plane for the route is a must....................

Gary

Post subject: Re: Flight Plans FS2004
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2009, 14:27 

The downside to FS9 is that you cannot add in your own waypoints like you can with FSX. The only way that I found around this issue is to use an external flight planner (FSRoute or SimRoutes work well), and have it create a flight plan file for you which you then load in FS9 for the flight.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2009, 16:48 
Pilot

RatherBFlyin wrote:
The downside to FS9 is that you cannot add in your own waypoints like you can with FSX.

I did a flight yesterday and added waypoints, I'm teaching myself to fly SID/Stars manually, so did a small hop in the Emb120.

EGFF - EGJJ. EXMOR A25 BHD SKERY GUR JSY

This wouldn't come up as the route in FS9, So manually found the correct points on the flight planner map, clicked on them, this then dropped them in to flight plan, I then deleted the points I don't need or am I miss understanding what you said.

Gary

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2009, 17:39 
Pilot

Thats a good step Gary. To truly start using RW flight plans the next step down the road would be to get completely away from the MS gps. FMC's. much more realistic.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2009, 18:05 
Pilot

I've got Captain 757 that has a FMC, haven't even begun to learn how to fly it. I took it for a quick spin, but it fell out the sky. :oops: I will stick with the Posky stuff for now, when I have more time to understand it, and programme everything, then I'll fly it.

Gary

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2009, 19:30 
Pilot

Garyck wrote:
I've got Captain 757 that has a FMC, haven't even begun to learn how to fly it. I took it for a quick spin, but it fell out the sky. :oops: I will stick with the Posky stuff for now, when I have more time to understand it, and programme everything, then I'll fly it.

Gary

:lol:

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2009, 19:59 

What I meant was that with FS9, you can only use waypoints that are included in the simulators database. With FSX, you can create your own waypoints, as long as you know the lat/long coordinates for it.

FMC's are handy, but they do have a bit of a learning curve. I had a bit of a leg up on that since I had the opportunity to spend several hours in a 737NG simulator, but once you get the hang of them they do come in handy. The trouble is that they need to be tightly integrated with the aircraft in order for them to work properly, so they are usually only available for payware aircraft. I have heard about freeware FMC addons, but I've never tried one. I was spoiled by getting to use a fully functional one and I'm scared I'll be disappointed by getting one that is only partially functional (like the one that comes with the Feel There CRJ, blech).

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 00:20 
Pilot

Garyck wrote:
I couldn't find a thread on here, so if there is one somwhere I'm sorry.

Father than 'flying direct' I want to start using flight plans properly, So at the moment I look on flightaware for an aircraft that has flown the route.

i.e KORD-KOKC
ACITO ADELL ARLYN STL J8 SGF J98 TUL GULLI1
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SKW5 ... /KORD/KOKC

How do I edit my flight plan in the flight planner to replicate this.........
At the moment I've been clicking the screen on every waypoint/VOR/Airway hoping I hit the correct one, I find the odd one from time to time, But there must be another way.

I'm yet to fly IFR on VATSIM, just circuit bashing to get a better understanding of radio talk, but when I do, filing the correct flight plane for the route is a must....................

Gary

I sugess getting VASFMC (http://www.vas-project.org/). The simple version is free and easy to use.

You can also pay a couple of dollars to get the charts via navigraph (http://www.navigraph.com) and you will have sid/stars for all airports in VASFMC.

The only downside is that VASFMC does not control altitude and if you buy the sid/stars, they will not include altitude restrictions, you have to view the PDF charts and execute the altitude restrictions "manually".

In VASFMC, you can add routes (CYUL KANUR TUKIR YSO CYYZ), you can add waypoints, easily fly direct to a point, add a custom holding pattern, etc.

It is compatible with vroute.info, free tool to get real routes between airports and also simroutes.com, another good tool to find/generate routes.

I agree with you, flying the correct route is also on my top priority list, specially with the correct NAT TRACKS, NAR routes, etc.

With vroute.info, you usually also get more than one route between two airports, low level, high level, RNAV, Noise, etc.

You can also try to find/create flightplans with vroute.info or simroutes.com, they both can generate an FS9 flightplan if you do not want to add all the points manually or use an FMC

Hope it helps...