Aircraft parking at Airports

Ask and learn how to fly better and more realistically.

Moderator: Moderating Team

a.trailblazer7
Pilot

Aircraft parking at Airports

Post by a.trailblazer7 » 06 Oct 2009, 15:27

Hey guys (and gals) I've been looking for a chart that would tell me where an airline gate is at the airport I'm starting at. When I start FS9, would like to be at the proper gate. Our site for some airports doesn't go into detail. There are a few, but for example, there's nothing for Delta at JFK, and this morning I was sitting at the American Terminal :lol: Been looking on google, maybe some of ya'll have a better place or idea? Looking for what gate number that airline should be at, at least when getting started Thanx :smokin:
Much thanks to Fraser J. for making a great banner!!

RatherBFlyin

Re: Aircraft parking at Airports

Post by RatherBFlyin » 06 Oct 2009, 16:49

A lot of airlines will show you the gate a particular flight is departing from/arriving at on their websites. Just go to the website (www.delta.com, for example), find the flight status area, enter your flight number, and it will (usually) show you the gates the flight uses. Not always though, especially at smaller airports.

If you have an accurate AFCAD, you should be able to select the starting gate that matches the gate shown in the flight status screen fairly easily. If you don't have an accurate AFCAD, you may need to use a terminal map (one of ours, or you can search for the actual airport website, though some are better than others) and find a gate that corresponds with the location of the real gate.

Samuel Arnold
Management

Post by Samuel Arnold » 06 Oct 2009, 19:15

The reason why not all of our airports have the new terminal maps is mainly due to lack of data about where the airlines park.
However, I don't know how you got to the AA terminal, because our current JFK map clearly points out the DL terminals. At JFK you won't have too much trouble, as most heavy DL aircraft depart from the Flying Saucer terminal and the smaller aircraft are at T2 next to it.

Three great places to start your search:
>Wikipedia: At multi-terminal airports, there's usually a guide as to which airlines use which terminal to fly to wherever.
>Airliners.net: Search among the airport overviews of the airport to try and spot your airline somewhere.
>SkyTeam desktop timetable: It has detailed terminal maps for the hubs of the SkyTeam alliance, including JFK for DL.
|| Signature banner by Fraser Jeffery ||
Samuel Arnold | Virtual Airline Manager - ANA Virtual, Varig Virtual
samuel.arnold@simairline.net | AIM: SamArnold960

a.trailblazer7
Pilot

Post by a.trailblazer7 » 07 Oct 2009, 01:13

Thanks guys....will keep searching
Much thanks to Fraser J. for making a great banner!!