Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - Arguments on the message boards

It is currently 16 Oct 2018, 23:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Arguments on the message boards
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 01:34 
Pilot

Ive been here since 2005. Ive been talking to a lot of people on here, I post my own stuff, my videos from trips, my pictures, my screenshots, my input, etc...

Since I've been here, you all may notice I dont post nearly anything on here, and if I do, its very spaced out.

Why you might ask?

I think this message board is nuts. Like I've said before, I've posted my own stuff, and I've been yelled at, and ridiculed about the stupidest things. Lets take the post a while back where I took pictures of my airplane model collection. What happened? I was insulted because i took a stupid fricken safety card off the airplane!!

"oh thats illegal! shame on you!"

Shut up!

Jesus you people on here are insane. You all bicker about the stupidest dumbass things, "No one cares about PIT!" Get a fricken clue and im not talking about 1 single person, Im talking about all the people that feel like making arguements, and throwing this message board off guard. Ive been to many VA's message boards, and Let me tell you, this one is on the LAST of my list to check, or EVEN visit.

Every post becomes a stupid battle between you people. I havent Filed a PIREP in months with you guys and its because of un-friendly atmosphere that we have. Like many people have argued about in the past, our own fricken Admin wont talk and share with us.

Grow up, learn that your not the only soul in the world, theres other people that may like different things, if your going to stay on this site, i suggest you all grow up and deal with it.

Hey guess what?! I like PBI!! and DTW!! Oh no!!! PBI sucks because....uh....because.....hmmm....lets find an excuse....oh i got one! Because B6, and WN fly there!!!

^^ Thats the stupid stuff I'm talking about..

To Management - You can ban me, kick me, block me, do what you want, Im stating my own damn opinion about YOUR site that YOU control.

....well.....the site you guyes THINK you control....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 02:04 
Pilot

Quote:
our own fricken Admin wont talk and share with us.
Um if ur taaling about Aaron get on to aim and u can contact him almost anytime. He cant spend his life on here.

maybe u dont relize how much he does around here. Checks PIREP Etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 02:06 
Pilot

I see him come in a bunch of times, but not post. He's more of the ghost of the boards. He won't share his opinions or anything; just point out factual errors in aviation topics and SimAirline.net-related topics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 02:08 
Pilot

you know what seahwak? i aint gonna go and find everyones AIM's to contact just them, this is for EVERYONE HERE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 02:12 
Pilot

deadman3108 wrote:
you know what seahwak? i aint gonna go and find everyones AIM's to contact just them, this is for EVERYONE HERE.

u must be dumb. Click the little AIM button on that little bar at the bottom of each post. I would at least like to see this guy Suspended for being extremely rude

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 02:13 
Pilot

lol. me dumb? no tough guy, if you cant notice, this is for everyone else being rude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 02:15 
Pilot

and like i said before, suspend me, you think i care?

and you know why i dont care? is because ive had enough of the arguments.

you think seeing people constintly argue is fun?

its about time soneone posted a post like i did. should have been said a long time ago...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 02:18 

o.O Other than being particularly abrasive, I don't quite see what you're getting at. There are a lot of opinions, discussions, debates, etc on these message boards, but very few real arguments. And those don't usually last long because they get locked down pretty quickly. In any community of people there will be disagreements, yes. However, I believe we manage to keep the vast majority of our disagreements relatively civil (with the exception of an occasional post specifically for debating a touchy topic, such as politics, which is definitely not somewhere you want to go if you have thin skin).

Any participation on the boards is welcome and encouraged, with few exceptions (to the best of my knowledge, taking a safety card off of an aircraft is not illegal, though the airline would certainly frown on you). As with any message boards, a certain degree of maturity, humility, and sense of humor are required. I have been disagreed with many times (and in rare instances had to admit to being wrong :P), occasionally mocked and ridiculed, and I enjoy it because I know that nothing personal is meant by it.

Thankfully the admins have largely left us to police ourselves. If someone says something inappropriate, the rest of us generally straighten them out fairly quickly. Personally insulting someone is generally not tolerated (I know I take exception to it, regardless of what I think of the person being insulted). If that has happened to you in the past, I apologize for not standing up for you. The only thing I can say in my defense is that I do not always read every single thread, and if I feel a thread has run out of usefulness I won't bother reading any further posts in it (this may be why I may have missed some of the "attacks" against you).

Lastly, positive criticism is always better than negative criticism (though some people don't take either well). Rather than listing a bunch of perceived negative aspects of the message boards, why not provide suggestions on how it could be improved?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 02:25 
Pilot

well then maybe its ertain people that need to just quit picking at everyone else. I have my own opinions about who they could be.

The latest post, If someone is showing us that Imagesim is coming out with ATL, and someone wishes there was a PIT, why does that give a right to another person to say "no one gives a shit about PIT..."

In the past i was more then happy to post about my airplane collection.

but guess how it eneded?

With Nick and Aaron thrashing people because of a stupid safety card. I see it happen all the time on here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 02:38 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, using tact when voicing that opinion is typically a good idea. While I can't blame someone for saying "no one gives a **** about PIT" (I don't have an opinion about the airport one way or the other as I've never been there), there are any number of ways it could have been said better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 02:44 
Pilot

so far ive seen nothing but pilots add there input. id like to see some managament post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 02:50 
Pilot

deadman3108 wrote:
You all bicker about the stupidest dumbass things

I hate to get into the middle of things like this but seriously, YOU'RE the one who posted a completely new topic about this, and so YOU are also contributing to this arguing thing. I take no sides. I don't like the arguing either, but you don't have to do all this... :roll:

FS Flights: 180 Hours: 538:30 Miles: 230,218
Simairline.net Logbook
^Thanks to David Malinowski for the banner! (DMM200)^

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 02:55 
Pilot

so what do you suggest?

we all just continue bashing each other?

Like i stated before, I think its about time this post has surfaced...at least someone here got sick of seeing the stupid arguments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 02:58 
Management/Moderator

Come on man...this is a little too dramatic, don't you think?

No...taking the airline's safety card is not illegal. It's just not allowed. The question could've easily been resolved by asking for proof.

Always be neutral then, or defend to the end your opinions. Some members here dislike the A380. I happen to find it's a great airplane. It's my opinion and though they may not agree with it, they HAVE to respect it.

Maybe that's what you're asking for, right? Respecting the opinion of others?

Regarding the Admin thing: I admit, Aaron seldom posts on the boards, but I would like you to place yourself in his shoes. What with work, personal things and stuff, and then a hobby which he hasn't been able to enjoy in some time (have you seen his profile? Does he have a flight?), but is just something he does for us.

Like RatherBFlyin, there are ways to express opinions about stuff. Sometimes, some things are better left unspoken. Don't bash publicly, especially in a harsh way.

I call on both management and members to think before posting. Try to modify your words. And whenever there's a problem like this, don't hesitate to contact us through AIM or PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 03:11 
Pilot

First of all, you started this post...being a little hypocritical?

Second, people who are friends always get into arguments. Here at SimAirline we are a close-knit community, and sometimes disagree with each other. I don't know about other people, but I feel that I have actually built some friendships here...

We don't actually hate each other. We all like and respect Chris even though he lives in PIT. This is called playing around, and I think you are taking this too seriously.

Third, if you don't care about our boards, then why do you care about what we have to say to each other?

I think that you should get to know about how we "argue" with each other before you come on here and bash us...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 03:15 
Pilot

Ok, I'll join the few radicals here and side with Josh here. This is criticism we ALL need, even myself. Sure, the profanity doesn't need to be included, but other than that, he brings up a good rant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 03:15 
Management/Moderator

Having been specifically mentioned here I'm kind of entitled to defend myself somewhat.

1. Yes, I'm a jerk sometimes and will say stupid things and start retarded arguements... that's called being human. We all have bad days, I don't take anything said here personally and I hope you don't either.

2. Yeah we're all very opinionative and protective of said opinions and they cause arugments. So? That's healthy as long as they don't go over the line and while we do argue a lot I don't think we cross the line all that often.

3. Us moderators don't correct every little thing, we don't police the boards very much. We only step in when something gets way out of line and I don't recall having done that more than once or twice so far this year.

4. If you don't like it, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion.

5. Please don't attack Aaron, he does a ton for us and only steps in on the boards when he has to or when he has something very "Aaronish" to add to the conversation, I think that's fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 03:22 
Pilot

Hmm, no comments...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 03:44 
Pilot

I have to agree with Casey here. No comment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 05:05 
Pilot

Really Guys. I have to agree and Disagree.

We do sometimes make mountains out of molehills.. But i have to state, that your targeting the entire board. And even worse, marking single people.

Whilst i found that Airplane Safety card arguement a waste of time myself, same with a few other uneccesary arguements.. You just gotta let it go over, and pass overhead. We all get stupid post's now and then..

I wouldnt go as far as calling them arguements, more like Debates.

But I do also want to say, that i have been on these boards and other boards for a long enough time to know that Simairline is a great bunch of people. I do have to admit, that the Boards are occasionally policed so much it's like the CIA is moderating the Forums. But that has cooled off.

It's not the boards fault, or the management/admin teams fault. We may have a few BS arguements about nothing, but that is rare. But it also admit that some people just cannot be relaxed on the boards, it's hard to have a joke every now and then.. Its hard to tell a story without worrying "Will They think different of me?" because i may have done something against the rules, or something that you think could be a Moral issue. We all make mistakes, and im sorry to say, That i wouldn't dare share half of the crazy stories with simairline on fear of this. Thats what i really think is lacking, a feeling of Community, Where we know eachother by the First Name, We know eachothers Birthdays, We talk about our crazy experiences.. I really, Have not experienced that on the Boards. (you can see why i agree and disagree)

We may not be all too relaxed.

But Dont get me wrong. Simairline is high on my list, I really have had a good time learning, and religously debating with other members (Casey :wink: )

I still think highly of the Boards and the Members. No ones perfect, but where damn good anyway.

And Please, Please, Do not Pin this on the Management and Staff. We know that Aaron, and the whole crew have done their best and put their hours and all their effort into Simairline. You know this, We all know this. It's not right to blame the people that have given so much to us, for nothing. Im sure you understand where im getting at.

I'm truly sorry if you have to leave like this deadman, If this is how it will be.. I really wish the best for you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next