Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - Republic Airways to Purchase 10 EMB 190AR from US Airways

It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 15:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Republic Airways to Purchase 10 EMB 190AR from US Airways
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2009, 20:52 
Pilot

This was just announced at 2:30pm today

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Republic- ... l?x=0&.v=1

Post subject: Re: Republic Airways to Purchase 10 EMB 190AR from US Airways
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2009, 20:59 
Administrator

Topic moved, this is industry news.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... n/4493753/ (posted weeks ago) provides insight on why.

SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2009, 21:41 
Management/Moderator

Not surprising. US wants to get rid of their E-190s. Republic just found a nice aircraft to buy. Fairly new, but less expensive than buying new.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2009, 22:47 
Pilot

10 more cookie transports? :wink:

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 01:50 
Pilot

We are basically getting them free, since Airways owes so much money, it is part of the loan repayment

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 03:20 
Management/Moderator

NWADC9 wrote:
10 more cookie transports? :wink:

Ding ding ding! :D

Excellent news for Midwest and Frontier.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2009, 03:07 
Pilot

Saw a Midwest E190 today as I left work; my new office borders the south side of KPHX. The Midwest paint job looks smart on the Jungle Jet.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2009, 05:05 
Administrator

A few months ago one of my (then-)co-ops at work told me about how excited he was to fly on a Northwest aircraft in Delta livery--his first time on a Delta plane, he said. My reply was that it shouldn't matter--"It's what's on the inside the counts," I said. I think the same thing is true with Midwest the last few years--Republic's moves may have saved the brand, but they are not preserving the character and soul of the airline. I hope that Frontier, which has a similar positive character, will not disappear.

SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2009, 20:35 
Pilot

Cap'n H wrote:
Saw a Midwest E190 today as I left work; my new office borders the south side of KPHX. The Midwest paint job looks smart on the Jungle Jet.

Didn´t know EMBRAER jets are known as 'Jungle Jets'.

That´s interesting :D

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2009, 22:33 
Pilot

And vice versa, I hope Delta, is doing that with Northwest. Which from all reports that is happening

I see people insult Republic all the time about the Midwest and Frontier purchase. Midwest employees killed the airline themselves, long before Republic entered the picture. The YX pilots were offered to fly the 170's, and YX then would take the leases over, and the pilot group refused. Has for the other furloughs, the YX employees were offered positions at a lower payscale, and most of them refused.

Has for the F9 division, I do not see that changing any, and will operate has normal, with the exception of transferring some of the 190's into DEN and 318's into MKE, to cover the YX heavier routes to the Florida market.

But it was perfectly alright for WN to put a bid in for F9, and not promise anyone that they would keep their jobs, "hired has needed" was WN's response has they began to get rid of the Airbus.

I find it absurd, that it was Republic Airways Holdings, that lent money to US/F9 and YX and kept them afloat, and no one praised the company when they did this, and kept thousands of people employed. I was at PSA during the last US bankruptcy, prior to the merger with America West, and there were days we wondering if this was the last day, until Republic lent US money (and so did Air Wisconsin)

And once again, US is pretty lucky, that Republic can utilize the 190's, because if not, then they would still be paying for lease payments on 10 grounded 190's and still owe Republic 35 million, and what about the 15 remaining 190's that will be grounded by winter? What if Republic is not there to bail US out again, they are stuck with the payuments until another carrier can be found to operate these aircraft.

People are up in arms over the furloughs from the YX pilot group, where were you guys when AA screwed us TWA employees?

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009, 06:20 

Quote:
see people insult Republic all the time about the Midwest and Frontier purchase. Midwest employees killed the airline themselves, long before Republic entered the picture. The YX pilots were offered to fly the 170's, and YX then would take the leases over, and the pilot group refused. Has for the other furloughs, the YX employees were offered positions at a lower payscale, and most of them refused.

Has for the F9 division, I do not see that changing any, and will operate has normal, with the exception of transferring some of the 190's into DEN and 318's into MKE, to cover the YX heavier routes to the Florida market.

But it was perfectly alright for WN to put a bid in for F9, and not promise anyone that they would keep their jobs, "hired has needed" was WN's response has they began to get rid of the Airbus.

I find it absurd, that it was Republic Airways Holdings, that lent money to US/F9 and YX and kept them afloat, and no one praised the company when they did this, and kept thousands of people employed. I was at PSA during the last US bankruptcy, prior to the merger with America West, and there were days we wondering if this was the last day, until Republic lent US money (and so did Air Wisconsin)

And once again, US is pretty lucky, that Republic can utilize the 190's, because if not, then they would still be paying for lease payments on 10 grounded 190's and still owe Republic 35 million, and what about the 15 remaining 190's that will be grounded by winter? What if Republic is not there to bail US out again, they are stuck with the payuments until another carrier can be found to operate these aircraft.

People are up in arms over the furloughs from the YX pilot group, where were you guys when AA screwed us TWA employees?

Don't have time to post much now, but there is another side to that story...

ASEL/AMEL/IFR

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009, 22:18 
Pilot

Now I am not saying I am happy with what is happening with YX, I am not. I feel all the YX agents should be able to keep their jobs, who know how the airline runs.

It does sadden me, that people I deal with in MKE who have been with YX 20 years are unemployed, no severance package, while the F9 employees who are loosing their jobs in Los Cruces, are getting a severance package if they decide not to transfer, or a move package if they move with the company.

Now I wonder when everyone is going to jump over Skywest since they are loaning United $80 million