Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - Airport Environment Upgrade (AEU)

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 09:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Airport Environment Upgrade (AEU)
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 02:05 
Management/Moderator

Ok, so I installed the Airport Environment Upgrade, but stupidly didn't back-up my texture files.
I don't like the upgrade and want to get rid of it.

If anyone has the default texture files, or if you know where I could get them, I would love to have them!

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Airport Environment Upgrade (AEU)
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 06:38 
Management/Moderator

Sorry for Double-Posting, but things have turned a lot worse.

These black boxes started surronding the trees, so, since my problems had mounted up, I decided to do a complete re-install. I haven't added anything to the re-installed version of FS9 but still the black boxes appear?

Is this a Hardware problem or a problem with FS?

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 20:25 
Management/Moderator

It won't be a hardware problem. Did you completely uninstall FS9 before reinstalling it?

It may be worth renaming your FS9 folder to 'Flight Simulator 9.1', then reinstalling and copying across the relevant files. I think you have a problem with the file that controls trees (I forget the name). Try looking on Avsim for a replacement tree library to see if that is the fault.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 21:33 
Management/Moderator

sanins192 wrote:
It won't be a hardware problem. Did you completely uninstall FS9 before reinstalling it?

It may be worth renaming your FS9 folder to 'Flight Simulator 9.1', then reinstalling and copying across the relevant files. I think you have a problem with the file that controls trees (I forget the name). Try looking on Avsim for a replacement tree library to see if that is the fault.

I completely deleted all the flight simulator files... just hit the delete button :wink:

Sorry, I wasn't quite elaborate enough, here's a list of all the things that are affected by the black boxes:

-Trees
-Each seperate letter on screen have black boxes around them, e.g. ATC.
-Registration on some planes
-The Sun (It's still light, but when you look at the sun it's black)
-Lens Flare Hexagons
-Aircraft shadows

Therefore, I don't think replacing the tree files would help...

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 21:37 
Management/Moderator

Oh, OK. You have gone about uninstalling FS wrongly. You should have gone through 'add / remove programs' and got rid of it that way. Just deleting the visilbe files leaves stuff on the registry, along with other hidden files and folders that you don't know are still there.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 21:50 
Management/Moderator

sanins192 wrote:
Oh, OK. You have gone about uninstalling FS wrongly. You should have gone through 'add / remove programs' and got rid of it that way. Just deleting the visilbe files leaves stuff on the registry, along with other hidden files and folders that you don't know are still there.

Well, there was a problem with that... the un-install file couldn't be found.
Then I did it via Disk One and it had the same problem, in fact all the files were still the same.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 23:03 
Management/Moderator

I think you have a problem with the registry file. It can easily get removed or altered if you try the FSX demo or install certain addons. Try this: http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS ... Repair.exe

and then try uninstalling again.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2008, 02:15 
Management/Moderator

Ok, I've done that, but I'm still having problems un-installing, it's saying there is an error un-installing and it may have already been un-installed. If I go via the start menu it can't find "unistall.exe".

If I start Flight Simulator it says Dem4km.bgl is missing and FS can't start.

I thought about doing a system restore, will that change anything?

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2008, 07:51 
Management/Moderator

After numerous un-installs, re-installs and fiddling round with stuff, my problem is fixed! :)

Thanks Alex! :smokin:

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2008, 12:14 
Management/Moderator

No problem! Good to see it's fixed.