Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - Vista How to add scenery

It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 01:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Vista How to add scenery
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2009, 20:51 
Pilot

I have a new computer and it has vista .How do I put in afcads .I am having a problem I can not go the route I went with XP it all is different .Any help on this would be great .

Post subject: Re: Vista How to add scenery
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 14:51 

Are you using FS9 or FSX? The OS on the computer shouldn't make a difference, though I could be wrong about that.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 20:54 
Pilot

FS9

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2009, 02:43 
Management

I'm running Windows Vista as well, and have both FS9 and FSX. I have no problems installing AFCADS or scenery, this is what I do:

Go to Start-> Computer-> C Drive-> Program Files -> Microsoft Games-> Flight Simulator 9, From here install your Scenery and Afcads in the same manner as you would with Windows XP, and add the scenery files in FS2004 as you normally would. Just make sure you run FS9 as an administrator.

Thanks to David Malinowski ^^

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2009, 13:27 
Pilot

OK I put scenery in. When I go to add on scenery in the simulator and open it and click on Kbdl it goes to the box on the bottom the I click OK and it goes in .Now when I shut down and restart and go to add my next one I click on the one I want to put in but it will not go to the bottom box .I am trying to put in KBOS and others but they will not go in . Are there only certain ones you can put in? How about the ones that have ther own installer do I have to do any thing else to get them in Thanks.This is for fsx and I am going to the fsx scenery settings page.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2009, 01:53 
Management

First off, are you sure the scenery you downloaded is for FSX and not FS9? Anyways, there there is no limit as to how many sceneries you can add to the game. Now, if it is not accepting certain sceneries try this:

The game will only accept a folder in this format (and actually work):

(Boston)----> (Scenery), (Textures), Scenery.dat

(With everything in parenthesis being a folder, however most sceneries don't have a Scenery.dat so don't worry about that)

Sometimes, a developer may set up the scenery in this format:

(Boston)----> (Airport), (City)
Then within the airport folder, you have the Scenery and Textures folders.

In that case you would add the Airport and City folders seperatly, if that still doesent work try adding all of the subfolders (fi there are any more), until it accepts it and it should work for you.

Oh, and regarding sceneries with that come with their own installers, sometimes they get added to the game by themselves, but if not keep note of the location where the installer installed the files, and then add that location in FSX.

Thanks to David Malinowski ^^

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2009, 14:12 

Can you provide a list of exact sceneries you are trying to add, and where you found them (links would be great!)? If they are freeware I'll download them and try to install them myself, then I'll let you know exactly what I did step-by-step (if it works, of course :P).

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2009, 21:53 
Pilot

i have a similar question, just adding scenery with vista. I tried 4 sceneries so far, and all came back saying they were incompatible with the OS. the more I try to improve FS9 on this new computer it just keeps kicking everything back, I was bettter off on the slower older laptop

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2009, 23:30 
Management/Moderator

Vista should work fine with sceneries. Firstly, are you running as administrator, and secondly, which version of Vista are you using (32-bit or 64-bit)?

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2009, 00:03 
Pilot

64 bit, yes im running as administrator. I will run the scenery again and tell you what I get.

Unsupported 16 bit application
the program or feature (directory)\GFGEDIT.COM cannot start or run due to the incompatability with 64 bit versions of windows. please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64 bit version is available

I get this on other paywares I had on old computer and some freeware from avsim

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2009, 18:37 
Management/Moderator

That kind of answers itself; it appears that the software is not compatible with 64-bit Windows. That is one reason why I went for 32-bit. Try the manufacturers website to see if there are 64-bit versions. You could use another computer to install the files, then copy them across to your main computer. However, this will not work on some payware (such as PMDG).

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2009, 23:43 
Pilot

if it was up to me, I'd be running windows 3.1! lol