Best A319-320-321 to purchase

For all non-SimAirline.net FS flying and add-on recommendations.

Moderator: Moderating Team

Post Reply
sac601
Pilot
Posts: 53
Joined: 08 May 2008, 14:39

Best A319-320-321 to purchase

Post by sac601 » 28 Jan 2009, 13:30

I wanted to purchase the A319-320-321 and was wondering which one would be the best. I know that Wilco and Just flight got it. I need you guys opignion?

Thanks

Al

Anuj
Pilot
Posts: 1490
Joined: 09 Nov 2006, 17:53
Location: New Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Best A319-320-321 to purchase

Post by Anuj » 28 Jan 2009, 13:40

The best currently are the Wilco Buses. Although, the model is horrible, you can merge it with the iFDG or PA models. I personally don't like it the Wilco at all. I'm eagerly waiting for the AirSimmer Airbuses though.
SAVE INDIA'S TIGERS!!
www.saveourtigers.com
My PC : Asus P5Q Motherboard | Intel C2D E8400 3GHz | 3GB OCZ DDR2 RAM | MSI ATi 4850 1GB OC Edition | 250GB SATA | Windows XP Pro SP3 | FS2004 |

sac601
Pilot
Posts: 53
Joined: 08 May 2008, 14:39

Re: Best A319-320-321 to purchase

Post by sac601 » 28 Jan 2009, 15:53

I have Just flight B757 and B777. They were PSS but now we can have it with Just Flight. I love them because when your computor crash, if you saved it before the plane as well as the FMS will be the same when reloading. Also when loading the FMS you can push the button of saved flight and your flight plan appeared and you don't have to reload everything. I am looking for an airbus series that would do that?

Al

DMM200
Management
Posts: 1403
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 05:26
Location: Long Island, New York
Contact:

Re: Best A319-320-321 to purchase

Post by DMM200 » 28 Jan 2009, 15:59

Most companies are looking to give you realism, and that doesn't sound to realistic to me. The only Airbus series that is worth it is the Wilco series, just for the panel. That's your best bet.
Image
Thanks Fraser Jeffery for the beautiful avatar!
Check out the latest SimAirline.net news in Viewpoint

User avatar
COA413
Pilot
Posts: 2362
Joined: 10 Mar 2006, 00:40
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Best A319-320-321 to purchase

Post by COA413 » 28 Jan 2009, 17:11

Wilco is the best available. You would need to merge it with some other model though. Panel is great!

northwest757
Pilot
Posts: 115
Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 18:08

Re: Best A319-320-321 to purchase

Post by northwest757 » 28 Jan 2009, 23:01

Just don't get Wilco and wait for Air Simmer. The Wilco is not worth 40-50 EUR in my opinion. I use the Overland A320 with the VASFMC A320 panel, which suits me. It may not be top notch realism, but I can't stand the Airbus. It's the only Wilco product I dislike. Wilco panel is nice, but 40 EUR for that isn't very worthwhile.

DMM200
Management
Posts: 1403
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 05:26
Location: Long Island, New York
Contact:

Re: Best A319-320-321 to purchase

Post by DMM200 » 29 Jan 2009, 00:32

northwest757 wrote:Just don't get Wilco and wait for Air Simmer. The Wilco is not worth 40-50 EUR in my opinion. I use the Overland A320 with the VASFMC A320 panel, which suits me. It may not be top notch realism, but I can't stand the Airbus. It's the only Wilco product I dislike. Wilco panel is nice, but 40 EUR for that isn't very worthwhile.
:shocked: How can you say that? lol
It's your opinion, though, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Image
Thanks Fraser Jeffery for the beautiful avatar!
Check out the latest SimAirline.net news in Viewpoint

northwest757
Pilot
Posts: 115
Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 18:08

Re: Best A319-320-321 to purchase

Post by northwest757 » 29 Jan 2009, 04:06

DMM200 wrote:
northwest757 wrote:Just don't get Wilco and wait for Air Simmer. The Wilco is not worth 40-50 EUR in my opinion. I use the Overland A320 with the VASFMC A320 panel, which suits me. It may not be top notch realism, but I can't stand the Airbus. It's the only Wilco product I dislike. Wilco panel is nice, but 40 EUR for that isn't very worthwhile.
:shocked: How can you say that? lol
It's your opinion, though, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I've just had too many problems with the Wilco Airbus. (Compared to no problems with their CRJ, E-Jet, 737) Maybe it's because the Airbus is a different aircraft, but it's acted strange sometimes.

User avatar
COA413
Pilot
Posts: 2362
Joined: 10 Mar 2006, 00:40
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Best A319-320-321 to purchase

Post by COA413 » 29 Jan 2009, 23:45

northwest757 wrote:
DMM200 wrote:
northwest757 wrote:Just don't get Wilco and wait for Air Simmer. The Wilco is not worth 40-50 EUR in my opinion. I use the Overland A320 with the VASFMC A320 panel, which suits me. It may not be top notch realism, but I can't stand the Airbus. It's the only Wilco product I dislike. Wilco panel is nice, but 40 EUR for that isn't very worthwhile.
:shocked: How can you say that? lol
It's your opinion, though, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I've just had too many problems with the Wilco Airbus. (Compared to no problems with their CRJ, E-Jet, 737) Maybe it's because the Airbus is a different aircraft, but it's acted strange sometimes.
What kind of problems? It can be an unstable merge, but if you do it correctly it will work. So far, I haven't had more problems with he A32x then with any other Wilco stuff.

northwest757
Pilot
Posts: 115
Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 18:08

Re: Best A319-320-321 to purchase

Post by northwest757 » 30 Jan 2009, 01:36

COA413 wrote: What kind of problems? It can be an unstable merge, but if you do it correctly it will work. So far, I haven't had more problems with he A32x then with any other Wilco stuff.
Maybe it's just me. It seems like the Flight Dynamics are a little tricky... (Sometimes the trim has been a problem, sometimes not)

Northwestdc9
Management/Moderator
Posts: 9866
Joined: 10 Jan 2005, 03:32
Location: Iowa City, IA
Contact:

Re: Best A319-320-321 to purchase

Post by Northwestdc9 » 30 Jan 2009, 04:13

The trim is a known (only known) issue with the merge and is a pain to deal with but you get used to handling it.

By far best option is Wilco/iFDG.
Image
Aviation Research Engineer - University of Iowa

Ricardo Miranda
Pilot
Posts: 25
Joined: 04 Jan 2009, 14:56
Location: London, UK

Re: Best A319-320-321 to purchase

Post by Ricardo Miranda » 31 Jan 2009, 18:25

Hi!

As I own both Wilco and the PSS/Just Flight A320 Professional, it is my suggestion to get the PSS A320 via Just Flight.

Sac601, Al: As you are looking for simmilar features to the B757 and 777 (I also have them), get the A320 from the same company as its FMC works very simmilarly, although the presentation is a typical Airbus FMC.

Soft Landings!
:D

Post Reply