Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - Installing World of AI with Windows 7

It is currently 26 Jun 2017, 11:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Installing World of AI with Windows 7
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2010, 16:43 
Pilot

HI!

I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. When I was trying to install World of AI packs, Windows wouldn't allow the prorgam to access the Simobjects folder for some reason. I had to change the folder permissions. Just wanted to share if anyone else has this problem with Windows 7.

Post subject: Re: Installing World of AI with Windows 7
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2010, 17:22 

If you don't mind, could you please provide the specific step-by-step process you followed to get it to work? That will make it easier for others who may experience the same problem to get it resolved.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 16:14 
Pilot

Sure! Here are the steps I followed.

I have Windows 7, 64 bit Home Premium version on an Alienware system
Going though My computer, I found the where Flight Simulator is installed. I right clicked on the Flight Simulator X folder, and clicked on the Security Tab. I changed all of the permission levels for "Trusted Installer" to Allow. Then, I installed the WOAi packages, then went back to the permissions folder and clicked on "Default Security" and the settings reverted back.
Someone else I know who also purchased a new PC with Windows 7 had to change the security settings for all “Group or User Names” to “Allow”.

Make sure when you are finished installing the packages you change the security settings back to protect your files.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2010, 23:44 
Pilot

I need help guys I have no clue what else to do. I have Windows 7. Deleted the default traffic bgl file from the scenery folder. Downloaded the installer. Downloaded frontier package. Ran the installer, it worked and said it installed. I opened up FS9, traffic is up to 100%, click Denver to see if it is working, and not another plane to be found. I believe I turned my security to the right settings but I'm not sure. I'm not exactly a pro at this so if anyone knows what the deal is please help. Thanks!

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2010, 23:53 
Management/Moderator

Check your scenery\world\scenery folder to see if there are any flightplans starting with 'WOA'. Also check your aicraft folder to see if it has installed any folders, again starting with 'WOA'.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2010, 00:00 
Pilot

That would be a big no. Does that mean it is a security problem that it is blocking the installer?

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2010, 02:51 
Pilot

Hi!

When you were installing WOAi, did you keep getting security warnings that an Unknown installer is trying to access/overwrite files? I did so, I changed the security settings to allow programs to install new content for “Trusted Installer”. Do not forget to change them back when you are done.

I have Windows 64 Bit so this may not work. After I changed the security settings to allow full access for “Trusted Installer” for: “Full Control, Modify, Read & Execute, Read, Write, Special Permissions”, I did not get any error messages and the WOAi installer worked.
Try changing the security settings for the Scenery Folder and see if that works. Other than I am not sure what is blocking the traffic files from being installed.

Good Luck!

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2010, 23:18 
Pilot

Alright guys thanks for the advice, it appears to me like it is not a security probem though. Tried installing the packages again today, and nothing in the FS9 folders. However, I opened up my WOAI installer folder (the extracted one), and found an aircraft folder with all the AI aircraft that came with the airline. So I am assuming the path is messed up or something. Anyone know what to do here?

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2010, 18:05 
Pilot

Alright guys so I decided to download the installer one more time today to give it one more go. Well in reading the description I saw that is said you need Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 to make the installer work. I'm not sure what that is but I searched my programs and did not have it. So downloaded that, and tried to install it, but it said it was not compatible with my version of Windows.

Please help me guys I need to get this thing going haha!

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2010, 22:36 
Pilot

I finally just decided to try to extract the files and do manual install not realizing how easy it was haha.