Viewpoint vs. Latitude

Talk about the latest posts in our web journal.

Moderator: Moderating Team

Aaron Robinson
Administrator

Viewpoint vs. Latitude

Post by Aaron Robinson » 21 Mar 2008, 15:44

So, after two months of Viewpoint and 49 entries, which do you like better and why?
Aaron Robinson | Managing Director and Owner
aaron.robinson@simairline.net | AIM: SimAirlineNet
Read the latest SimAirline.net news and updates at Viewpoint
SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

caps1237

Re: Viewpoint vs. Latitude

Post by caps1237 » 21 Mar 2008, 15:59

Well its hard to say considering the non-Aaron writeups have just started to break ground. I liked Latitude for the amount of content, but I prefer Viewpoint for the more personal tone of writing.
Private Pilot - Single Engine Land

Northwestdc9
Management/Moderator

Post by Northwestdc9 » 21 Mar 2008, 17:12

I much prefer Viewpoint, the frequency of entries is excellent. Latitude being once a month, the articles were kind of limited even though they were excellent and I loved the graphics.

I think I'm the only one other than Aaron to have had anything posted on Viewpoint, I like writing for it a lot as it gives our pilots a lot at what I'm working on and that's wonderful.
Aviation Research Engineer - University of Iowa

seahawks7757
Pilot

Post by seahawks7757 » 21 Mar 2008, 20:24

I agree. Viewpoint is by far much better. Constant updates and what not. I would like to see us do a Weekly VA spotlight like we had in Latitude.
Click on the banner above to get to my Flickr Account!

capewellavc
Pilot

Post by capewellavc » 21 Mar 2008, 21:31

I'm a Latitude fan. I know it is difficult & time consuming to write, however I like the formal tone and the structure. The write ups in view point just don't seem to be as long and detailed as those in Viewpoint. We also miss the little bits of interesting news we used to get in Latitude. I had nothing but respect for Latitude and I really miss the formal, reliable, accurate and responsible journalism that took place.

If that is not an option, maybe mix the two, with regular sections to Viewpoint added through out the month, with the larger pieces added separately.

sanins192
Management/Moderator

Post by sanins192 » 21 Mar 2008, 22:20

I think Viewpoint is the best solution for replacing Latitude. Latitude took a very long time to write, and I think that Viewpoint is a much better way for Aaron to spend his time, at the same time as giving us a daily intake of information. In the future we should get more people to write articles.

NWADC9
Pilot

Post by NWADC9 » 21 Mar 2008, 23:04

Latitude, quite frankly, put me to sleep. I like a more laid-back approach, and Viewpoint provides that.

jaronamo77
Pilot

Post by jaronamo77 » 22 Mar 2008, 01:21

Definitely viewpoint, although I wasn't really around long enough to enjoy Latitude. I like Viewpoint's frequent updates, and those updates are almost always interesting to read.

Dennis
Management/Moderator

Post by Dennis » 22 Mar 2008, 02:31

I'd say Viewpoint. It's more up to date than Latitude. However, Latitude had more in-depth articles which I enjoyed too.
^^Courtesy of Fraser Jeffery. To SimAirline.net. It's been a blast!^^
*Click on the banner for the latest on Viewpoint, the official SimAirline.net blog*

Martin the Warrior
Pilot

Post by Martin the Warrior » 22 Mar 2008, 14:12

Well, I don't read Viewpoint because I don't really like blogs. Latitude was a much better format for me as I like reading magazines and looking at pictures, but that's just personal opinion. I can't fairly judge the content.

Aaron Robinson
Administrator

Post by Aaron Robinson » 22 Mar 2008, 15:37

capewellavc wrote:We also miss the little bits of interesting news we used to get in Latitude. I had nothing but respect for Latitude and I really miss the formal, reliable, accurate and responsible journalism that took place.

Andy: first, thanks for your kind words. After having worked for a major airline news publisher, it's wonderful to hear your compliments. If you're referring to the content in The Tail Section of Latitude, have you looked at the Points of Interest section? This is where many of the similar items go now.
Martin the Warrior wrote:Well, I don't read Viewpoint because I don't really like blogs....I can't fairly judge the content.

Paul, have you given Viewpoint a fair chance? From your own words, it sounds like you haven't. I don't think Viewpoint qualifies as a blog, but more as a web journal; it focuses on what's new at SimAirline.net and the airline industry. Give it a try, you might change your mind.
Aaron Robinson | Managing Director and Owner
aaron.robinson@simairline.net | AIM: SimAirlineNet
Read the latest SimAirline.net news and updates at Viewpoint
SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

sanins192
Management/Moderator

Post by sanins192 » 23 Mar 2008, 21:09

Think of Viewpoint as a condensed version of Latitude, fed to us in manageable chunks. :wink: