Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - Viewpoint vs. Latitude

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 18:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Viewpoint vs. Latitude
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2008, 15:44 
Administrator

So, after two months of Viewpoint and 49 entries, which do you like better and why?

SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

Post subject: Re: Viewpoint vs. Latitude
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2008, 15:59 

Well its hard to say considering the non-Aaron writeups have just started to break ground. I liked Latitude for the amount of content, but I prefer Viewpoint for the more personal tone of writing.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2008, 17:12 
Management/Moderator

I much prefer Viewpoint, the frequency of entries is excellent. Latitude being once a month, the articles were kind of limited even though they were excellent and I loved the graphics.

I think I'm the only one other than Aaron to have had anything posted on Viewpoint, I like writing for it a lot as it gives our pilots a lot at what I'm working on and that's wonderful.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2008, 20:24 
Pilot

I agree. Viewpoint is by far much better. Constant updates and what not. I would like to see us do a Weekly VA spotlight like we had in Latitude.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2008, 21:31 
Pilot

I'm a Latitude fan. I know it is difficult & time consuming to write, however I like the formal tone and the structure. The write ups in view point just don't seem to be as long and detailed as those in Viewpoint. We also miss the little bits of interesting news we used to get in Latitude. I had nothing but respect for Latitude and I really miss the formal, reliable, accurate and responsible journalism that took place.

If that is not an option, maybe mix the two, with regular sections to Viewpoint added through out the month, with the larger pieces added separately.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2008, 22:20 
Management/Moderator

I think Viewpoint is the best solution for replacing Latitude. Latitude took a very long time to write, and I think that Viewpoint is a much better way for Aaron to spend his time, at the same time as giving us a daily intake of information. In the future we should get more people to write articles.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2008, 23:04 
Pilot

Latitude, quite frankly, put me to sleep. I like a more laid-back approach, and Viewpoint provides that.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2008, 01:21 
Pilot

Definitely viewpoint, although I wasn't really around long enough to enjoy Latitude. I like Viewpoint's frequent updates, and those updates are almost always interesting to read.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2008, 02:31 
Management/Moderator

I'd say Viewpoint. It's more up to date than Latitude. However, Latitude had more in-depth articles which I enjoyed too.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2008, 14:12 
Pilot

Well, I don't read Viewpoint because I don't really like blogs. Latitude was a much better format for me as I like reading magazines and looking at pictures, but that's just personal opinion. I can't fairly judge the content.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2008, 15:37 
Administrator

capewellavc wrote:
We also miss the little bits of interesting news we used to get in Latitude. I had nothing but respect for Latitude and I really miss the formal, reliable, accurate and responsible journalism that took place.

Andy: first, thanks for your kind words. After having worked for a major airline news publisher, it's wonderful to hear your compliments. If you're referring to the content in The Tail Section of Latitude, have you looked at the Points of Interest section? This is where many of the similar items go now.
Martin the Warrior wrote:
Well, I don't read Viewpoint because I don't really like blogs....I can't fairly judge the content.

Paul, have you given Viewpoint a fair chance? From your own words, it sounds like you haven't. I don't think Viewpoint qualifies as a blog, but more as a web journal; it focuses on what's new at SimAirline.net and the airline industry. Give it a try, you might change your mind.

SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2008, 21:09 
Management/Moderator

Think of Viewpoint as a condensed version of Latitude, fed to us in manageable chunks. :wink: