Newbee question

Having trouble finding the flight you want?

Moderator: Moderating Team

Randy
Pilot

Newbee question

Post by Randy » 06 Aug 2009, 00:06

I understand we are to use the time table spreadsheet to schedule our flights. I have actually used it a few times and found it to be quite remarkable piece of work. My question is. I want to schedule a flight with Northwest from Detroit to Minneapolis/St Paul KMSP. Only one scheduled flight shows up and its a Pan Am flight. I must certainly be doing something wrong for there are perhaps no less than 10 or 15 per day in the RW. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Randy

Aaron Robinson
Administrator

Re: Newbee question

Post by Aaron Robinson » 06 Aug 2009, 00:23

Randy,

First of all, welcome to SimAirline.net. May I direct you to the Flights page at Northwest Virtual to answer your question?
Instructions
1. Download the SkyTeam Timetable. Please update it at least monthly.
2. Only flights with a "NW" code and that do not have an asterisk (*) at the end may be flown.
3. Please be sure to check for any stopovers on your selected itinerary.
4. You must follow the aircraft codes listed to the right.
5. You should update the timetable at the beginning of every month.

Important Notes
Discontinued flights are available in the SimAirline.net Timetable.
*757 flights to/from Europe, Busan, Seoul Incheon, and Taipei Taoyuan are operated by the 757-200W.
Your confusion stems from the fact that only discontinued Northwest flights are in the SimAirline.net Timetable. All active flights are in the SkyTeam Timetable.

Does it make sense? If not, please let me know. Enjoy your flight!
Aaron Robinson | Managing Director and Owner
aaron.robinson@simairline.net | AIM: SimAirlineNet
Read the latest SimAirline.net news and updates at Viewpoint
SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

Dennis
Management/Moderator

Post by Dennis » 06 Aug 2009, 00:25

The SimAirline.net timetable shows flights from our defunct airlines (like AOM, Pan Am, Concorde, Sabena, Swissair, Varig, and Midway), some of our active airlines (Air Tahiti Nui, Aerorepublica (operations found on the Copa Virtual page), Icelandair, Hawaiian, and Virgin), codeshare flights, and discontinued flights from the airlines not mentioned.

If you want to fly DTW-MSP with Northwest, search for flights using the Skyteam Timetable, located on the Flights page of its member airlines (Continental, Delta, KLM, Northwest, Korean, Alitalia).
^^Courtesy of Fraser Jeffery. To SimAirline.net. It's been a blast!^^
*Click on the banner for the latest on Viewpoint, the official SimAirline.net blog*

Randy
Pilot

Post by Randy » 06 Aug 2009, 00:33

Thank you very much Aaron for the quick reply and it's a pleasure and an honor to meet you. Yes it does make sense. Clear and precise. I am familiar with the SkyTeam Timetable. In fact its were I originally came up with the plan. KDTW KMSP KDSM. Thank you again for response. I very much look forward to working with you and the rest @ Simairlines.

Randy

P.S Thank you and pleasure to make your aquaintance also Dennis.