oneworld timetable problems

Having trouble finding the flight you want?

Moderator: Moderating Team

Delta320
Pilot

oneworld timetable problems

Post by Delta320 » 25 Sep 2009, 03:08

Hi guys,
I flew a flight the other day and set the times the timetable said into FS and flew the flight. All the times lined up but my pirep got rejected because the times were off. FS times were right but is there a thing to fix the oneworld timetable. I did set the timetable to 24 hour time.

Mike
Huge thanks to David Malinowski for this amazing banner!

Aaron Robinson
Administrator

Re: oneworld timetable problems

Post by Aaron Robinson » 25 Sep 2009, 04:13

Mike,

It helps to post the details so everyone (myself included) has a better understanding. Thanks.
Aaron Robinson | Managing Director and Owner
aaron.robinson@simairline.net | AIM: SimAirlineNet
Read the latest SimAirline.net news and updates at Viewpoint
SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

Dennis
Management/Moderator

Post by Dennis » 25 Sep 2009, 04:25

If you wrote in the time exactly as it appears in the timetables, then it will be rejected. it's very rare, and extraordinary, to see a pilot departing and landing at exactly those times, so you must file the FS times. Not sure if this is what you mean so it would be helpful for you to give more details.
^^Courtesy of Fraser Jeffery. To SimAirline.net. It's been a blast!^^
*Click on the banner for the latest on Viewpoint, the official SimAirline.net blog*

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 25 Sep 2009, 05:25

What flight were you flying, and what were the times that you filed when you submitted the PIREP?

Delta320
Pilot

Post by Delta320 » 25 Sep 2009, 11:52

It was BA212 KBOS-EGGL. With scheduled departure at 0820 local and arrival of 1940 at London. I pushbacked at 0820 and arrived at 1938 local about 2 minutes early. It was nice to be almost on time. The total flight time was 6 hours and 18 minutes. I put those times in and submitted the pirep for 6 hours and 18 minutes. It was rejected due to the times not being correct and local times however I used that. If there is a different way to put the times in I'll use that I've used the other timetables before and never had a problem that's why I don't understand this oneworld problem. Thanks!

EDIT: I found the problem. I looked at the wrong flight for this on the timetable so what happened was I flew BA212 using times for BA238. Is there a way to change these times or do I just not get credit. Sorry for all the confusion.

Mike

Dennis
Management/Moderator

Post by Dennis » 25 Sep 2009, 12:06

If you flew the correct flight with the correct equipment, simply modify the PIREP. However, if you flew the wrong flight then you'll have to fly it again before you can file it. Unless those were the times, simply changing the time won't work.
^^Courtesy of Fraser Jeffery. To SimAirline.net. It's been a blast!^^
*Click on the banner for the latest on Viewpoint, the official SimAirline.net blog*

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 25 Sep 2009, 14:25

Well, I was going to suggest filing the flight as BA238, but since one flight uses a 747 and the other a 777, you can't do that. :P Since the departure times are so different for those flights, unfortunately I do not think you will be able to get credit for the flight. I would send Aaron a PM to get his input, though.

Aaron Robinson
Administrator

Post by Aaron Robinson » 25 Sep 2009, 15:56

This is correct. I sent the PIREP back because the aircraft type did not match the schedule.
Aaron Robinson | Managing Director and Owner
aaron.robinson@simairline.net | AIM: SimAirlineNet
Read the latest SimAirline.net news and updates at Viewpoint
SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

Delta320
Pilot

Post by Delta320 » 25 Sep 2009, 23:52

Ok no problem. I still had fun flying it and that is what counts. I just finished another BA flight so I'll double check the times so it doesn't happen again 8)

thanks all!
Mike