Timetable Sorting woes

Having trouble finding the flight you want?

Moderator: Moderating Team

RatherBFlyin

Timetable Sorting woes

Post by RatherBFlyin » 01 Oct 2009, 04:36

I have begun to notice a problem when I am using the SimAirline downloaded Excel timetable. I don't know if it's just me or not, but when I try to filter and sort to narrow the number of flights, the Dep Airport Details and Arr Airport Details do not match what is shown in the Departure Airport and Arrival Airport columns.

For example, I just filtered by Pan American, then sorted by Departure Airport and Local Dep Time. Now I am looking at PA45 from Moscow Sheremetyevo to Copenhagen. However, the Dep Airport Details field shows "EDDM, GMT+2" and the Arr Airport Details field shows "LFSB, GMT+2." Obviously those details are not correct. I'm just not sure what I'm doing to make them go wrong like that.

I am using Open Office 3.1.0

Dennis
Management/Moderator

Re: Timetable Sorting woes

Post by Dennis » 01 Oct 2009, 12:31

Even though OpenOffice is Windows compatible, I think the conversion from one to the other results in loss of features and functions. I know this because during the summer, while working with NASA, some students made a presentation using OpenOffice and they had issues when opening it in PowerPoint. If this happens one way, I'm pretty sure it happens the other way around.
^^Courtesy of Fraser Jeffery. To SimAirline.net. It's been a blast!^^
*Click on the banner for the latest on Viewpoint, the official SimAirline.net blog*

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 01 Oct 2009, 19:57

It's odd though that it only seems to happen with the data on those two columns. Every other column appears to be correct.

Aaron Robinson
Administrator

Post by Aaron Robinson » 02 Oct 2009, 09:54

Those two columns are the only ones with formulas. Beyond that, I'm afraid I can't provide much support. Sorry.
Aaron Robinson | Managing Director and Owner
aaron.robinson@simairline.net | AIM: SimAirlineNet
Read the latest SimAirline.net news and updates at Viewpoint
SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 02 Oct 2009, 15:10

That's fine, Aaron. I wasn't aware of the formulae in those columns. Since those are the only two columns that have problems, I can deal with it. I may pop over to the Open Office site and see if they have any ideas. I know there's also a newer version (3.1.1) that I'll try to download and see if that helps.

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 02 Oct 2009, 22:09

Well, I upgraded to version 3.1.1 and the problem seems to have gone away. Yay for updates! :P