Other Virtual Airlines you fly for

General discussion about SimAirline.net and its airlines.

Moderator: Moderating Team

luckyman
Pilot

Re:

Post by luckyman » 22 Nov 2008, 16:37

Junk_Rick224 wrote:
sanins192 wrote:So how did the checkride work in FS?
Some VAs have programs called ACARS which track like 30 parameters of your flight and then they can see what you did.

I still fly for Delta VA. I enjoy being with them also, except that their boards are not as active, well they are, but I just don't really look at them much.
I used to fly KLM va to get in I had to do a video flight, you take a video of yr flight then give it to them :mrgreen:

Nick Cserny
Pilot

Re: Other Virtual Airlines you fly for

Post by Nick Cserny » 26 Nov 2008, 09:24

Hello All,

I guess, I am a very active VA flier, as I am in numerous VAs that I fly in. My main one is VPA, where I have been a member from the beginning of my flying days. I have all in all 890 plus hours with VPA. I try to fly solely on line as I find it much more realistic than being off line. I have over 500 hours with VATSIM while IVAO credits me with 350 plus hours. I am also studying to be ATC here at IVAO. I am also a member of Transload Airlines and vRAAF. In vRAAF I am the Officer Commanding of 92 Wing in which we operate the P3 Orion maritime reconnaissance aircraft.
Probably VPA is the closest to my heart as it is an organization similar to this one. However the PIREP system is probably the strictest around, as all the routes are very closely scrutinized by the management and also all flights must be declared online/offline on the kneeboard, and have to report in by a declaration at least once every 65 minutes. Also all flights have to be flown in real time, so there is strictly no acceleration of any sort what so ever. Because I fly in various VA's, it does not mean that I can not be a useful member of this organization.
Best regards,
Nick Cserny

ennoborg
Pilot

Post by ennoborg » 26 Nov 2008, 10:57

Hi Nick,

Do you still remember the 1st VA you flew for? Mine was FsFan Global Airlines, and shortly after that, must be some 15 years ago, I signed up with Tradewind Caribbean Airlines. We were still using dial up modems and good old BBS's back then. TCA moved to the web in 1995.

Today most of my flights are with SimAirline.net, except for the free flights (charters), which I still put in my TCA logbook.

cheers,

Enno
Dutch Dakota Association
Enno Borgsteede

Nick Cserny
Pilot

Post by Nick Cserny » 26 Nov 2008, 13:02

Hehehehehe....I am glad I keep a book. Actually, before I start my flight, I jot down all the details, ICAO codes, times, alternative airfields and proposed rwys at departure and arrivals.
My first flight...Hmmmmm....It was a A380 from LFBO-HECA. With VPA Guess what....I flew at FL250..tsk, tsk.....no wonder my PIREP was knocked back a couple of times before I got it right. :D

Paul150
Pilot

Post by Paul150 » 11 Dec 2008, 05:09

I also fly for Delta Virtual, which is more involved in that most flights are flown with a program that tracks your progress and you need to take tests and checkrides for equipment ratings. Problem is that the program you need to use to track your flights has been causing my computer to give me a bunch of BSOD's ever since I had my great crash in August. So I am pretty much on sabbatical there until I get my computer to cooperate more.

I also used to fly for UPS VAC, but I never liked the format they had too much, so I wound up leaving them about a year ago.

In general, though, schoolwork and law school applications have kept me busy until now, and I'm doing my first flight for SA since August (PHNL-KCVG in a Delta 767-400)

gazdadude
Pilot

Post by gazdadude » 14 Dec 2008, 14:13

breathe anf flyuk are the other two i fly for since i started bk on flightsim

oachris
Pilot

Post by oachris » 02 Jan 2009, 09:06

I also fly for CP Air Virtual, very relaxed bunch with nice historical and modern fleet and routes. They were my hometown airline when they existed and so I do have a soft spot for them.

I also used to fly for Olympic/TAE Historical until thier website went offline for some unknown reason. Loved flying the YS-11 and DC-3 and do wish they get things running again.

cheers,

Chris - YVR

parkera
Pilot

Post by parkera » 04 Feb 2009, 22:51

Started with Atlantic Skies when Fs2002 came out and it was really good used AACars that added some sort of virtual passengers/$$$ etc to flights, and a rank system that restricted you to certain catagory flights A-E etc...But had diff hubs which offered various flights. Even Cat A planes had 3 to choose from.
Took a break up intill Dec 08 and joined back up with this and found that 80% of the site hadn't been updated since 2002 came out. The forums were active somewhat more but all their downloads where pretty much the same and all their FAQ's etc where still for 2002.
I left dur to frustration to site not updated and probs with their AACars etc.....

New here but really like it as the options are endless and they still have some structure which i like. Currently enjoying Virgin Pacific at the mo.
Another one is V-Bird its very relaxed you can fly where ever and whenever you want as long as 1 flight a mth is done. Forums and some D/loads frustrating as they are in dutch.

Delta320
Pilot

Post by Delta320 » 07 Feb 2009, 19:05

Southwest Virtual and UPS VAC.
Huge thanks to David Malinowski for this amazing banner!

Carlo
Pilot

Post by Carlo » 08 Feb 2009, 01:38

I used to fly for UPSVAC

The only other VA I fly for regularly now is MetroAir Virtual

Victor Meurtrier
Management

Post by Victor Meurtrier » 08 Feb 2009, 03:03

I used to fly for AFA (American Flight Airways), but I found them to be a little too unrealistic for my taste (they had 6 HUGE hubs and over 10 other hubs), basically, AFA looks like Quantas, US Air, United, Delta, Northwest and American Airlines all merged together in an ugly livery (and they have a low cost carrier assosiated with them, which is a near exact clone of Southwest). On top of that, they did'nt have any flight times or frequencies, you could just pick any route and fly it whenever you please. Apart from that, they do have a very friendly community that helped me a lot my first few months flying for VA's, as well as a nice mix of aircraft that you can fly, and they had some intresting charter flights you could fly.

Once I joined Simairline though, I never went back to AFA. :)

Thanks to David Malinowski ^^

Intersky665
Pilot

Post by Intersky665 » 13 Feb 2009, 10:22

i fly now for:

simairline.net
SwissAirways VA (for holiday flights in europe on the 737-800 and charter flight from europe to the hole world)
and
Austriawings (a new austrian va, for flights from and to my country)