Timetable vs Actual

General discussion about SimAirline.net and its airlines.

Moderator: Moderating Team

crash101
Pilot

Timetable vs Actual

Post by crash101 » 02 Apr 2009, 17:26

I am not having any problems with the "Timetables", I have a question concerning "Timetable" times of flights flown. Here is one that I simply can not understand........

Toronto/Pearson to Vancouver
AC101(I believe) type B77W
Depart 0900 Arrive 1115 for 5hrs 15mins.

I flew this flight online via Ivao.

Recorded times (schedule)
P/B - 0901 Gate(CYVR) - 0935
When I PIREP'ed this flight it indicated 3hrs 35mins.

My chronometer(in plane) indicated 5hrs 04mins.

As I flew this online my zulu times were P/B - 1258z Gate(CYVR) - 1744z which ='s 4hrs 45mins

What, if any, am I doing wrong????
Could anyone help to clarify this for me???

Thank you
Rick Dwyer
"Flight is Life"
A Huge Thank You to Fraser Jeffery for the Banner.

Carlo
Pilot

Re: Timetable vs Actual

Post by Carlo » 02 Apr 2009, 17:32

I just adjust the time I enter in the Pirep until the block time shown is correct. I don'y know how to do it otherwise

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 03 Apr 2009, 03:09

I often find that it is best to keep track of zulu time for flights, then convert to the appropriate local time when filing PIREP's. This is especially true when crossing multiple timezones in a single flight, as FS is notorious for getting those wrong.

crash101
Pilot

Post by crash101 » 03 Apr 2009, 19:56

RatherBFlyin wrote:I often find that it is best to keep track of zulu time for flights, then convert to the appropriate local time when filing PIREP's. This is especially true when crossing multiple timezones in a single flight, as FS is notorious for getting those wrong.
Ok, that sounds more reasonable........BTW, I did notice that I was flying on FS time(UTC-4) and not my system time(UTC-3)...been rectified. So if I get you right the gate(start time) can be as close to actual as possible but when coming to the gate at destination, check the zulu times and compare/adjust, before submitting the PIREP. This should help to elevate any problems with timings.

Now that I will try......so, I'm going to re-fly this flight and see how it goes.

Thanks guys...

Rick D.
"Flight is Life"
A Huge Thank You to Fraser Jeffery for the Banner.