Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - How many people would it take to run SimAirline.net?????

It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 21:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: How many people would it take to run SimAirline.net?????
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 22:57 
Pilot

Ok,i've only been a member since February 2009,but i've flown my share of Virtual Airlines..
And i love SimAirline.net,because i dont have to fly on VATSIM..(I'ts full of so-called experts,and prima donnas)..I fly GPS,and VATSIM doesnt)...

Its hard trying to find a non-VATSIM airline.......

Ok,if we cant keep SimAirline.net going,what about any interest from fellow pilots to have the following airlines under one roof:

Air Canada,Continental,Delta,Northwest.

Post subject: Re: How many people would it take to run SimAirline.net?????
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 23:00 
Pilot

737captain wrote:
Ok,if we cant keep SimAirline.net going,what about any interest from fellow pilots to have the following airlines under one roof:

Air Canada,Continental,Delta,Northwest.

Hold that thought for now. This may be a little more appropriate later on during the closing process.

*What touchdown zone?*
Huge thanks to Fraser for the banner
Youtube, Flight simulations, Facebook

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 23:38 
Management/Moderator

Topic moved to Virtual Airline Discussion, as this is a topic related to SimAirline.net. Please read the section headings next time.

Please read this,
Quote:
Can someone else can be found to manage SimAirline.net? There is no clear succession plan today, nor do I think we can devise one that will ensure the same quality and longevity. I also don't think it's appropriate to sell the organization or hand it off to someone outside that doesn’t have a full understanding of all the good work we have done.

http://www.simairline.net/viewpoint/

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 23:45 
Management/Moderator

Guys, it has even been suggested for Nick to take over. Aaron simply won't budge, and I don't blame him. No member of management has the time to continue running a website. Sure, I'll take over today. What about tomorrow? What should I do? Hand it off to someone else? What happens to all the time and effort put into making it the site it is? Rather than to have someone else or reduce its size, it's better for SimAirline.net to close.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2009, 01:36 
Pilot

It's been nice while it lasted, but let's face it guys, we need to go out with class. A lot of things go bad when they try to stick around too long...just let simairline.net go.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2009, 03:05 
Pilot

Well,now i'm having to look for another airline(preferably NWA)that doesnt require VATSIM.
Its that simple for me...Reminds me when i flew for American Trans Air Virtual.Nice VA,but when the real ATA folded,the VA went 30 days later....And when AvA went to VATSIM,i got kicked to the curb....

Maybe i'll just fly for myself.Using the NWA timetables as a guide,finding a speadsheet or something online for a logbook...Probably AA,because i love the KORD-KLAX routing,i'm really good with the 737-800 & the MD-80,and NWA & DL dont have this route...

I'm hoping to adapt the kind of logbook for my personal logbook,like the one here on SimAirline....Your'e all right...The blood's in the water,and here come the sharks... :smokin:

I only hope i'd found SimAirline sooner...

Aaron,i commend you sir!..Sorry,i wont be in the big apple to meet u...

Perhaps we could set a weekend(Friday @1700hrs - Sunday @ 2300 hrs)for an all out "Flightathon"...Most flights within the weekend!

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2009, 04:33 
Management/Moderator

Dennis wrote:
Guys, it has even been suggested for Nick to take over.

Northwestdc9 wrote:
Aaron and I talked about it, briefly, and I immediately said I had no interest in taking over. While I probably could handle some of the day-to-day operations, I'm not Aaron, never will be and SimAirline.net would not be the same without him. This site is Aaron's baby, and watching someone else take over and change the way things were run.... that's not right. And you have to remember, I'm as busy as Aaron these days, I have classes, life and will be starting a job soon, I don't have the time to devote to SimAirline.net that it deserves.

Sorry guys, but I'm not an Aaron replacement.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2009, 14:16 
Pilot

I will prob. just use the time tables and update as need after SimAirlines closes.
I already have a good log book too.
So with that, I don't think I'll bother tryin' to find another VA.
I still have MaxFreight VA, and they are also great!

737Captain: I sent you a PM. If your looking for a great freeware/shareware log book chk. it out!

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2009, 17:03 
Administrator

Any posts that advertise for specific other VAs in any way will be deleted. Now is not the appropriate time. If you wish to depart now, you certainly may, but please be respectful and do not drag others with you.

We will likely post a list of possible VAs as closing nears.

SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2009, 22:34 
Pilot

Now what was wrong about a logbook?????
As for that VA,i never heard of it before... :idea: