Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - Airline that will keep me off the ground

It is currently 19 Jun 2018, 15:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Airline that will keep me off the ground
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31 
Pilot

Hello,

I wanted to find out which airline from Simairline.net has the most flights and will keep me in the air for most of the 24 hours in a day. I mean I would like arrive at the gate and then leave the gate again within 15-30 mins. Long-haul flights are preferred over medium and certainly short -haul flights. I currently fly for Emirates but they are not the best, I have to wait an average of 2 hours before I'm in the air again. The reason for this is that I would like to pass the 8,000 hours mark of flying time before the end of Simairline.net; I'm currently at 5,000.

Thanks in advance

Ahmed Pandor, 343

Post subject: Re: Airline that will keep me off the ground
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 12:43 
Administrator

Most flights: Delta

If you want to maximize your 'utilization,' you'd want an airline that has plenty of flights. I would surmise that one of the U.S. carriers (again, most likely Delta here) would fit the best. You can gradually work your way westbound during the day and then fly a redeye overnight to return east.

But if you want something global, that becomes much trickier because of long ground times between longhaul flights. My recommendation would be Pan American because there are multiple flights in international cities as opposed to just 1-2 that most longhaul airlines offer.

SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 16:05 

Also keep in mind that even if there is a two-hour gap between your arrival time and the departure time for your next flight, you don't have to wait two hours before flying again. Just reset the time in the simulator to the correct time and start the next flight right away.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 16:07 
Pilot

I usually fly Delta and Continental, they seem to have the most with less turn around time

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 16:24 
Pilot

I am interested mostly in long-haul flights but I will have a look at the Delta and Continental timetables. I also like to fly the big jets, A330 upwards. Maybe it's time for a change! Thanks.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 21:57 
Pilot

If you ever want to do this short haul style fly some of the reginals. I know with horizon we have some turnaround times that are right at 30 minutes. I am sure if you look at the historic timetable there are even lower with the Q200. Also they do have some long flights like SEA-RNO SEA-HLN/BIL. Alomost forgot our new service of SEA-LGB with the CR7. Or there is alaska wijth the milk run from SEA-JNU-CDV-YKT-ANC. Takes about 6 hours instead of the normal three to get to ANC. ;-)

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2009, 14:02 
Pilot

Well I have decided it's time for a change. I am very much enjoying flying for different airlines in different aircraft on different routes which certainly makes flying in FS more fascinating! For the last two weeks I've flown for thirteen different airlines, flying short, medium, long and ultra long haul flights, from an E190 to an A380! I'm virtually off the ground 24 hours a day, and at the rate I'm going , I should hit 9,000 hours, but I'll be happy at 8,000. During the last month of SimAirline.net, I plan on flying two round the world flights, one with fewest stops and the other stopping at most major airports around the world. I also want to fly the inaugural DXB-NRT and spend about a week flying Emirates' A380s and I plan on finishing off with the original BA1 and BA2, CONCORDE! Furthermore, I plan to fly for every virtual airline offered here, so a lot of planning to do if I want this to work.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2009, 14:33 

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. Hope you enjoy the flights! 8)

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2009, 15:02 
Pilot

Hats off to ya my friend :D Fly safe and Happy Turkey Day to ya!!

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2009, 21:07 
Pilot

Take some pictures for us 8)

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2009, 21:58 
Pilot

Pointless taking pictures to be honest as I'll never win; my scenery is pretty much default, except my EGLL and OMDB and I have many different airlines in terms of AI traffic but I will take a few pictures. Anything particular you want to see?

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2009, 23:19 
Management/Moderator

You don't HAVE to submit them. Check out the screenshots thread. It's just a place to show your simulator. True, there are many others which are excellent (*I wonder whose*) but if you don't want to show pictures it means you're giving up too easily. Out of the 3 years I've been a member, this year I managed to win my first (and so far only) contest.

Winners never quit and quitter never win! :wink:

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2009, 02:21 
Pilot

I think Pandor will be up like I am (just for this time) gettin in the hours, and really doing some great flyin...I'm headin to Montego Bay outta London w/BA 747