Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - Where do you plan on going after closing?

It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 22:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Where do you plan on going after closing?
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 04:15 
Pilot

Well...

I at first signed up for Phoenix (described above), thinking it was much like SimAirline. However I flew one flight and realized how limiting it is. I have a thousand hours with SimAirline yet they're still only gonna let me fly RJ's, 73's and A320s? And I have to log another 200 hours to fly a 757, 600 more hours for a 767 or A330? Don't think so. I'm gonna leech off of their resources for a few weeks until they kick me off for not filing a PiRep.

Then Tim's post convinced me to at least sign up for Virtual Pilot's Association (also noted in detail above). I took the entrance exam and got a 100% on it. Any RL pilot will ace it, thanks FAA 2010 study guide. Now I'm like 45th in line. With my luck, I'll be out of the country or something when they take me up and I won't be able to respond to the email. Finger's crossed though.

I'm also anticipating the VA suggestion list the SimAirline Management team is coming up with.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 08:27 
Pilot

I've looked around a bit and thought of joining the Flying Tigers Group, but it seems that their ACARS system will not work for me. (I don't have internet access at home).

It looks like it will be http://www.bouraviation.com, but it's not final yet. I'm still waiting to see the list of VA's that will be released.

I will definitely continue to fly for one airline or another. Some of us like flying wherever whenever, but I prefer to have at least some kind of route map and schedule to help me make up my mind. Choices, choices.... :D

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2010, 02:18 
Pilot

I might wait a while and go to Bourne, what bout this 'list' thats to come out?

Post subject: Any1 stayng w/ SimAirlines flights?
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2010, 14:34 
Pilot

I'm with Airsource.us and MaxFreightva.com but I believe that I will
continue to unofficially fly the same airlines and routes that I have
been with Sim Airlines.

Sim Airlines = Commercial / pass. Flt's.
AirSource = Humanitarian Flt's.
MaxFreight = Part 135 Cargo Flt's.

I was considering another VA to replace Sim Airlines but haven't found anything close.
There was a link in a Viewpoint that I rec'd. but when I click it I get a "404 ERROR - Not Found" :(

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2010, 15:16 
Pilot

The link to the list is broken in the news letter that I recieved. Don't know if they'll fix it. :(
I believe that I'll just keep flyin' as if SimAirlines was still open and put my flights on my
Flight Memory pages. (free) Flight Memory also maps your flights!
Check it out - click my banner below ->

PostPosted: 01 May 2010, 04:00 
Pilot

I've just joined up with http://www.panamva.com/

They just recently changed their site around to having all old airliners - the newest airliner they have is the A310.

So, the pro for me is the retro airlines and not to mention keeping alive the Pan American experience that I was a part of and never got out of my system here.

They have a few cons: They require all flights to be flown on Vatsim (not a problem for me but may be a problem for others), they require two flights per month, and they only transfer vatsim hours rather than flight time hours.

Otherwise, great airline for everybody who loved the discontinued routes here with the retro airplanes. Not to mention, one of the only airlines out there that is geared toward retro experiences, which is now disappearing with the closure of SimAirline.net and their Pan American Virtual.

Part 135 flight follower, Part 121 aircraft sales.

PostPosted: 01 May 2010, 06:51 
Pilot

I still will remain a member of my first VA http://pacificairways.net/. However, I have so many more planes in my FS that I will most likely join another VA, similiar to Simairline.net.

PostPosted: 03 May 2010, 12:08 
Pilot

I tried flying tigers group but it wasn't reliable. The pirep system always had problems. I finally decided on Delta Virtual Airlines. I found it to be the best and easiest pirep to do. It's very professional. You have to do check flights but you really learn a lot. With the merger with Northwest, now there is more flights to fly.

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 16:42 

Didn't think I'd be going anywhere, but I thought I'd do some flying before I go back to school.

I've joined back up with MetroAir Virtual, a fictionally based, but highly-realistic VA. I flew with them a bit back in 2007, and had enough fun that I'm going back. They were actually co-founded by Tom Collins, the FS aircraft repainter.

PostPosted: 08 May 2010, 02:12 
Pilot

For those interested...

Today I joined Pacific Airways Virtual Airlines [www.pacificairways.net] and flew my first flight with it (didn't log it yet, still waiting for my previous VA credit hours to be approved), and I am more than impressed. Upon the ending of SimAirline.net I had a very good idea of the next VA I was going to join: access to multiple real world passenger airlines without a very structured ranking system (much like simairline). However Pacific Airways at first did not appeal to me because it is in fact a single fictitious airline, with a structured ranking system, with only one (also fictitious) codeshare VA of which routes are available. Although after I poked around a little I've decided this is a highly likely prospect in my search.

This is my rundown.

Pros:
-It's ranking system is light, advancing in increments of 20 hours until you get to the Senior Captain ranks in which it increases by the hundreds.
-After 40 hours, your rank is high enough to fly ALL routes and aircraft.
-Up to 50 hours of your logged previous VA experience can transfer. Thus, if you have logged 40 hours with SimAirline, you are immediately able to fly everything for Pacific Airways.
-Livery is nice and not cluttered like many fictitious VA's and texture/model downloads are of high quality (from what I've gone through so far).
-Good fleet choice, an unreasonable amount of aircraft types yet a great variety.
-Great routes! Flights are based out of well chosen hubs and go to a diverse selection of destinations, many international.
-A bunch of little nice features, similar to what SimAirline offered, that makes you feel like a part of the community (i.e. a well developed screenshot section and contest, weather center, training sources).
-No VATSIM requirement or steep ACARS system to make members 'prove' they flew the flight. PIREP system is much like SimAirline and goes by the honor system.

Cons:
-Flights must be filed consecutively (jumpseating is rarely approved).
-Flights are required to fly at 1x simulation.
-You may only log 17 hours per 24 hour day. This will only affect the flight sim junkies who fly nonstop.
-At least one flight must be flown per month. I'm not complaining though, Leave of Absence requests may be filed for up to a three month leave.
-Airline Operations are confusing at first, constantly having to refer back to the Operation Handbook and rereading chapters.

PostPosted: 09 May 2010, 21:10 
Pilot

frogdude4993 wrote:
For those interested...

Today I joined Pacific Airways Virtual Airlines [www.pacificairways.net] and flew my first flight with it (didn't log it yet, still waiting for my previous VA credit hours to be approved), and I am more than impressed. Upon the ending of SimAirline.net I had a very good idea of the next VA I was going to join: access to multiple real world passenger airlines without a very structured ranking system (much like simairline). However Pacific Airways at first did not appeal to me because it is in fact a single fictitious airline, with a structured ranking system, with only one (also fictitious) codeshare VA of which routes are available. Although after I poked around a little I've decided this is a highly likely prospect in my search.

This is my rundown.

Pros:
-It's ranking system is light, advancing in increments of 20 hours until you get to the Senior Captain ranks in which it increases by the hundreds.
-After 40 hours, your rank is high enough to fly ALL routes and aircraft.
-Up to 50 hours of your logged previous VA experience can transfer. Thus, if you have logged 40 hours with SimAirline, you are immediately able to fly everything for Pacific Airways.
-Livery is nice and not cluttered like many fictitious VA's and texture/model downloads are of high quality (from what I've gone through so far).
-Good fleet choice, an unreasonable amount of aircraft types yet a great variety.
-Great routes! Flights are based out of well chosen hubs and go to a diverse selection of destinations, many international.
-A bunch of little nice features, similar to what SimAirline offered, that makes you feel like a part of the community (i.e. a well developed screenshot section and contest, weather center, training sources).
-No VATSIM requirement or steep ACARS system to make members 'prove' they flew the flight. PIREP system is much like SimAirline and goes by the honor system.

Cons:
-Flights must be filed consecutively (jumpseating is rarely approved).
-Flights are required to fly at 1x simulation.
-You may only log 17 hours per 24 hour day. This will only affect the flight sim junkies who fly nonstop.
-At least one flight must be flown per month. I'm not complaining though, Leave of Absence requests may be filed for up to a three month leave.
-Airline Operations are confusing at first, constantly having to refer back to the Operation Handbook and rereading chapters.

I'm glad you told us bout that...I've had them saved in my favorites for awhile and was thinking bout signning up. think I'll just stick w/Delta

PostPosted: 13 May 2010, 17:30 
Pilot

Hey Guys,
A team of us created a new WestJet Virtual.
http://www.westjetvirtual.net/index.php

PostPosted: 13 May 2010, 19:34 
Pilot

Hi Mike I just joined your new Westjet Virtual Airline.
Ive been looking for a Westjet VA to join as I live
in Edmonton and they fly over my house all day long.

PostPosted: 13 May 2010, 20:16 
Administrator

Mike, why does the website say WestJet in some places and WestJets in others? Thanks.

SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

PostPosted: 14 May 2010, 16:32 
Pilot

Aaron Robinson wrote:
Mike, why does the website say WestJet in some places and WestJets in others? Thanks.

The S at the end is because we are still waiting for WJA to get back to us. We've emailed them and don't want to use their logos without permission.

@Steve: Welcome aboard!