Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - Where do you plan on going after closing?

It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 19:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Where do you plan on going after closing?
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2010, 10:31 
Management/Moderator

When SimAirline.net closes I doubt I'll be joining another VA. I'll be continuing with my work on the Metro Panel for BSMP and painting and modelling for Enigma Simulations, if all goes to plan.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010, 18:40 
Pilot

I like the looks of Phoenix Virtual Airways.. http://www.phoenixva.org

They have multiple airlines and say they are set to adding Easyjet, Lufthansa, American, Southwest, and US Airways very soon... There is a poll going on where the pilots can choose which airlines to add, which is cool.

Edit: They also are going to add United right away too

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010, 21:30 

gofly02 wrote:
I like the looks of Phoenix Virtual Airways.. http://www.phoenixva.org

They have multiple airlines and say they are set to adding Easyjet, Lufthansa, American, Southwest, and US Airways very soon... There is a poll going on where the pilots can choose which airlines to add, which is cool.

Edit: They also are going to add United right away too

That's what...3 or 4 airlines that don't want VAs/unofficial VAs out there? Those guys are in for a world of legal smackdown.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2010, 04:47 

Just out of curiosity, is anyone familiar with the Flying Tigers Group?

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2010, 06:16 
Management

RatherBFlyin wrote:

Ask one of our more senior management members (or anyone who's been here for a LONG time) and you'll get loads of stories...

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2010, 13:13 
Management/Moderator

I probably won't join another VA like SimAirline.net again. Take a look at my logbook and you will see that I have been flying less frequently recently, and with university round the corner I will find it hard to find time. I think SimAirline.net was great for getting me started in the FS world, but now that I know how to find repaints / flightplans etc. I don't depend on a VA. I will probably continue to fly my own flights and log them in my own logbook.

I may choose to join one VA that I will fly for quite often, such as BA Virtual, but I'm more looking for an FS community to join, one that is large enough to have good conversations over message boards like these, but not too big that you don't know who each poster is.

Any recommendations for a good FS board to join?

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2010, 13:51 
Management/Moderator

DMM200 wrote:
RatherBFlyin wrote:

Ask one of our more senior management members (or anyone who's been here for a LONG time) and you'll get loads of stories...

I was actually a member with them for a VERY short time. Unfortunately, their system isn't really what I expected (too complex).

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2010, 14:49 

DMM200 wrote:
RatherBFlyin wrote:

Hehehee...I joined right around that fiasco.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2010, 17:54 
Pilot

DMM200 wrote:
RatherBFlyin wrote:

And let's just say, none of them are nice :smokin:

sanins192 wrote:
Any recommendations for a good FS board to join?

Alpha-India Group's forum's a great place if you love AI :wink:

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2010, 21:04 
Pilot

I'm staying at first ever VA: Southwest Virtual, www.virtualswa.com
Great group of people there.

I'll also be flying for British Airways www.bavirtual.co.uk as well as Canadian Xpress www.canadianxpress.ca

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2010, 14:09 
Pilot

I have had a great time at Simairline and thanks Aaron and the team for all the hard work and pleasure they provided.

After a lot of searching for an alternate VA I joined Flying Tigers group twice and never got a flight going within the stipulated time as their complex system was just not user friendly.

I have now joined the Air Source group http://www.air-source.us by far not as comminity friendly as Simairline.net but a wide variety of flying available and I had to start from scratch and have now got a measly 133 hours.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 03:17 
Pilot

I'm off to fly with Delta Virtual

http://www.deltava.org

Nice fleet installer, easy to use ACARS, plenty of flights to choose from, historical flights, and PLENTY of codeshares. Might end up flying for their Qantas division when it finally opens. Plus theres no ranking system. you don't have to accumulate hours to fly certain aircraft, your rank is given based off your knowledge and prior experience flying.

see you all in the Great Blue someday

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 04:48 
Management

Another thing I've tried to actually get going is my career as a controller on VATSIM in the New York Air Route Traffic Control Center and it's going well so far. It's a fun experience controlling other pilots who fly online and it's definitely something I recommend to all. So far I'm on Level 5/6 (Approach) at Philadelphia KPHL, and I'll be heading to Newark KEWR next. If anyone wishes to view my stats/profile, you can do so here: http://www.nyartcc.org/node/7?cid=1087539

Maybe some of our online flyers wouldn't mind coming in and visiting me (mhm Tim and Mike hehe). If anyone has any questions about online ATC, just ask!

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 07:51 
Pilot

DMM200 wrote:
Another thing I've tried to actually get going is my career as a controller on VATSIM in the New York Air Route Traffic Control Center and it's going well so far. It's a fun experience controlling other pilots who fly online and it's definitely something I recommend to all. So far I'm on Level 5/6 (Approach) at Philadelphia KPHL, and I'll be heading to Newark KEWR next. If anyone wishes to view my stats/profile, you can do so here: http://www.nyartcc.org/node/7?cid=1087539

Maybe some of our online flyers wouldn't mind coming in and visiting me (mhm Tim and Mike hehe). If anyone has any questions about online ATC, just ask!

I will come and pay you an visit :D

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 13:17 
Pilot

Jimmyp4 wrote:
I'm off to fly with Delta Virtual

http://www.deltava.org

Nice fleet installer, easy to use ACARS, plenty of flights to choose from, historical flights, and PLENTY of codeshares. Might end up flying for their Qantas division when it finally opens. Plus theres no ranking system. you don't have to accumulate hours to fly certain aircraft, your rank is given based off your knowledge and prior experience flying.

see you all in the Great Blue someday

Don't you have to do check rides and all that other stuff?

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 02:00 
Pilot

Quote:
Don't you have to do check rides and all that other stuff?

I didn't when I first started. I think you have to accumulate 10 flights in your current rank to get to Captain, and from the captain rank you can try and pass the ACARS exam for the next aircraft you want.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 07:39 
Pilot

I don't fly much anymore, though I now have a new job as a board operator overnights at a radio station, so I'll probaly go back to flying mostly freight at air-source.us for either FedEx or UPS. Air-Source.us has very little restrictions. Great people, and an endless variety. www.air-source.us

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2010, 02:51 
Pilot

I registered with Dispatched
http://www.livedispatch.org/

It is great with nice program to record our flight but they did not want to carry my hours which is the negative things. I am looking more for and Virtual airline that will fly all compagnies and carry my flight times.

Al

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2010, 20:41 
Pilot

I have pondered over a few other VA options, but none of them are even close to this place except for www.bourneaviation.com so I have decided to make that my new home. Most likely going to be flying a lot of Delta. Very similar to simairline with complete freedom I would recommend it.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2010, 22:51 
Pilot

I recently just joined http://www.phoenixva.org and i have to say they are one of my favourites!.....a VA thats growing big and very fast!!! stop by and check it out! 8)