Northwest Airlink Crj-200

Got a neat screenshot? Post it!

Moderator: Moderating Team

nwaairlinkazo
Pilot

Northwest Airlink Crj-200

Post by nwaairlinkazo » 13 Aug 2009, 23:20

Hello all, this is my last post on the simairline forum. I enjoyed talking with everyone and hope you all fly smooth skies in the future. This is my final and farewell screenshot.
I have sent the following message to Aaron Robinson about my resignation.

Mr. Robinson,
I am sad to inform you that I will no longer need to be included in the Simairline community. There are many reasons for my sudden and strange resignation. I am, like most members of Simairline, a huge fan in aviation. I came to Simairline, with a friend of mine, Bryan O’Fallon. He invited me to join your group and I was ecstatic to become part of this community. However, when he informed me of the duty of filing PIREP’s, logging flights, making sure aircraft data matched up, and needing to fly FOR someone, it raised the question to me. Why would I want to fly for someone other than myself? I do realize that members do fly for their airline, but to me it seems that the skies should be open to our own imagination and freedom to fly in flight simulator.
I am sorry for my departure from Simairline, and I hope that this community will realize my actions, and why I made them. I do request that my Alaska Airlines screenshot be removed because of my leaving, and all screenshot contest request. I do appreciate your future offer to help me understand the Simairline process, but I do request that I be removed from the group. Thank you for your understanding, and happy flying.
Sincerely,
Tyler Anderson

Northwest Airlink Crj-200 Outside Kalamazoo, Michigan
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad92 ... zo/crj.jpg
Tyler Anderson

Carlo
Pilot

Re: Northwest Airlink Crj-200

Post by Carlo » 13 Aug 2009, 23:55

Goodbye.

Although, I can't help but wonder: Why join a virtual airline in the first place, if you are after total freedom? Surely the whole point of joining a virtual airline is to add structure and more meaning to your flight simming :?

Tom Alder
Pilot

Post by Tom Alder » 14 Aug 2009, 02:41

Carlo wrote:Goodbye.

Although, I can't help but wonder: Why join a virtual airline in the first place, if you are after total freedom? Surely the whole point of joining a virtual airline is to add structure and more meaning to your flight simming :?
Right, the whole reason people love it here is because we follow the routes, aircraft, and flight times of each VA's real-life counterpart. I dont want to sound rude, but I'm not exactly sure what you were expecting a "VIRTUAL Airline" to involve if it doesnt replicate the airline in real life. The hint is in the name. A VA is "virtually" the same as the real airline it is based on, the only difference being its flights are performed on a computer instead of real-life operations.
Flights: 700 Hours: 3401:52 Miles: 1,468,840
* Read the latest SimAirline.net news and updates at Viewpoint *

flybywire22
Pilot

Post by flybywire22 » 14 Aug 2009, 04:55

Don't really understand why he posted this, but not a half bad screenshot.

Dennis
Management/Moderator

Post by Dennis » 14 Aug 2009, 13:44

I can't understand some things:
1. Has been discussed above. Why join a structured organization with rules and such if you don't want to follow them? Shows that you didn't read ANY of the pages we require new members to read prior to their application.
nwaairlinkazo wrote:I do request that my Alaska Airlines screenshot be removed because of my leaving, and all screenshot contest request. I do appreciate your future offer to help me understand the Simairline process, but I do request that I be removed from the group.
Perhaps a little reminder to him (and to all) regarding our screenshots policy (found on the Screenshot submission instructions page):
Upon submission, screenshots become the property of SimAirline.net.
And since we're on the subject of Screenshots, remember that only valid SimAirline.net flights are allowed to be considered/entered in the galleries.

3. Why would you resign and then post your resignation for others to see? If you want to go, then go. You don't have to tell the others.

Truly is a shame when people join and leave so suddenly, but each person to his own.
^^Courtesy of Fraser Jeffery. To SimAirline.net. It's been a blast!^^
*Click on the banner for the latest on Viewpoint, the official SimAirline.net blog*

Jacob Mobley
Pilot

Post by Jacob Mobley » 15 Aug 2009, 04:22

nwaairlinkazo wrote:Hello all, this is my last post on the simairline forum. I enjoyed talking with everyone and hope you all fly smooth skies in the future. This is my final and farewell screenshot.
I have sent the following message to Aaron Robinson about my resignation.

Mr. Robinson,
I am sad to inform you that I will no longer need to be included in the Simairline community. There are many reasons for my sudden and strange resignation. I am, like most members of Simairline, a huge fan in aviation. I came to Simairline, with a friend of mine, Bryan O’Fallon. He invited me to join your group and I was ecstatic to become part of this community. However, when he informed me of the duty of filing PIREP’s, logging flights, making sure aircraft data matched up, and needing to fly FOR someone, it raised the question to me. Why would I want to fly for someone other than myself? I do realize that members do fly for their airline, but to me it seems that the skies should be open to our own imagination and freedom to fly in flight simulator.
I am sorry for my departure from Simairline, and I hope that this community will realize my actions, and why I made them. I do request that my Alaska Airlines screenshot be removed because of my leaving, and all screenshot contest request. I do appreciate your future offer to help me understand the Simairline process, but I do request that I be removed from the group. Thank you for your understanding, and happy flying.
Sincerely,
Tyler Anderson

Northwest Airlink Crj-200 Outside Kalamazoo, Michigan
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad92 ... zo/crj.jpg
:?
Professional Banner Courtesy Of Fraser Jeffery
Flying Is Life.

maverick10
Pilot

Post by maverick10 » 15 Aug 2009, 14:32

it's just like he's writing a letter to the president :lol:
''Many thanks to Fraser Jeffery for making this banner.''

nwaairlinkazo
Pilot

Post by nwaairlinkazo » 15 Aug 2009, 15:27

maverick10 wrote:it's just like he's writing a letter to the president :lol:
I'm sorry if my grammar and English are more advanced than your own, but it seems to me that this is a matter between myself and Aaron.
Good day, Mr. President
Tyler Anderson

maverick10
Pilot

Post by maverick10 » 15 Aug 2009, 15:31

I thought that it was your last post?¿!
''Many thanks to Fraser Jeffery for making this banner.''

NWADC9
Pilot

Post by NWADC9 » 15 Aug 2009, 16:07

Lay off him, man...

Tom Alder
Pilot

Post by Tom Alder » 15 Aug 2009, 17:04

nwaairlinkazo wrote:
maverick10 wrote:it's just like he's writing a letter to the president :lol:
I'm sorry if my grammar and English are more advanced than your own, but it seems to me that this is a matter between myself and Aaron.
Good day, Mr. President
Then why did you post your resignation here on the boards as well as the email? Like Dennis said, all it took was the email, if you feel so strongly that the matter is between only Aaron and yourself then you should'nt have made a public announcement, no-one would have been any the wiser that you had left...
Flights: 700 Hours: 3401:52 Miles: 1,468,840
* Read the latest SimAirline.net news and updates at Viewpoint *

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 15 Aug 2009, 18:09

Please restrict future comments in this thread to the screenshot, or the thread will be locked.