Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - KIAD- KBOS with United!

It is currently 25 Sep 2018, 23:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: KIAD- KBOS with United!
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 02:34 
Management

Hey guys,

I'll just give a quick summary first: My dad's been wanting to buy a Jaguar XKR for a few months, and he finally found one for sale with low miles and all the good options from a guy in Boston. So we flew up, inspected the car, bought it, and then drove it back down to VA! (Damn nice car btw!)

Now for the good part:

We showed up at the airport around 6:30 AM, KIAD was not nearly as crowded as it usually is so check in and security were a breeze. In no time at all, we had boarded the mobile lounge that takes you to the concourse your flight is on. We wandered around the terminal for a bit, grabbed some breakfast and then went and waited at the gate for our flight (which departed at 8:12).

This was by far one of the best flights I have ever been on! There was almost no traffic at all on the taxi way, so we were airborne in no time at all. The climb out was very scenic, with the sun just coming up over Virginia. We climbed to 33,000 feet, and cruised away towards Boston. It was one of the clearest mornings I had seen in a long while, without a single cloud in sight. We had a beautiful view of downtown New York, and I even got a few shots of KJFK from my seat! (Check out the photos below!). As we settled in to land, we passed over the Massachusetts coast which looked more like the type of coastline you would expect to see in the Caribbean (despite it being 15 degrees Fahrenheit outside!). Our landing was definitely one of the more interesting and enjoyable ones I've been through, the pilot touched down a bit off center and immediately corrected her error by slamming the rudder pedals which made the aircraft skid a bit... what was even more interesting about the landing was that the pilots only kept the reverse thrusters on for about 5 seconds, so we must have touched down at a slower than normal speed!

Here are the photos:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t22/ ... G_0596.jpg (Our plane)
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t22/ ... G_0603.jpg (Engine start)
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t22/ ... G_0623.jpg (KJFK)
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t22/ ... G_0624.jpg (Manhattan)

And here is a video of our landing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzBV868D5UU

Hope you guys enjoyed! :)

Thanks to David Malinowski ^^

Post subject: Re: KIAD- KBOS with United!
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 03:29 

Great view of JFK! I always sit on the left on my flights to and from school in Boston and rarely get to see that much of the airport. I generally fly jetBlue, but the Channel 9 must have been fun for a flight that short.

Enjoy the XKR. :wink:

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 05:24 
Management

Hey I can see my house from there! Yeah, be sure to stop by on the way down to DC (or you should have at least)!

Enjoy the Jaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 08:10 

DMM200 wrote:
Hey I can see my house from there! Yeah, be sure to stop by on the way down to DC (or you should have at least)!

Top Gear reference?

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 13:50 
Management/Moderator

Sounds like a perfect trip; flying one way and driving a new car back. Great shots over New York and a nice video!

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 15:20 
Management

Thanks guys, it was an amazing trip! :)

I have to say though, once we hit Virginia with the Jag it kind of went to hell though. It was snowing really hard, and my dad and I both agreed that it was the slipperiest road either one of us have ever drove on (and we're from Sweden!). So we didn't end up getting home until 2 AM, but all in all it was a fantastic journey! :)

and haha David, I wish I could've stopped :(

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 22:47 

Victor Meurtrier wrote:
Thanks guys, it was an amazing trip! :)

I have to say though, once we hit Virginia with the Jag it kind of went to hell though. It was snowing really hard, and my dad and I both agreed that it was the slipperiest road either one of us have ever drove on (and we're from Sweden!). So we didn't end up getting home until 2 AM, but all in all it was a fantastic journey! :)

and haha David, I wish I could've stopped :(

Exact same problem I had. I was driving back from school and was probably a few miles behind you since I hit just south of Baltimore and everything slowed down from the snow there. Took us two hours to go 30 miles. Also got home at 2AM.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 23:09 
Management

caps1237 wrote:
DMM200 wrote:

Top Gear reference?

Absolutely. You get a cookie! (a little help here Chris?)

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 01:13 
Management/Moderator

Were you speaking Swedish in the video? There was a phrase I couldn't understand. :laugh:

Anyhoo, nice video and pictures. Only disappointed we didn't get to see some of the Jaguar!

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 01:32 
Management

Dennis wrote:
Were you speaking Swedish in the video? There was a phrase I couldn't understand.

Haha yes sir! What happened was after we passed those houses right before landing I said "I bet that would be a nice place to live", my dad replied "I didn't dare to talk" so I joked by saying "Kanke vi ska tala på Svenska so de kan inte förstå vad vi säjer" (Maybe we should talk in Swedish so they can't understand us). :lol:

Dennis wrote:
Anyhoo, nice video and pictures. Only disappointed we didn't get to see some of the Jaguar!

Here you are!

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t22/lahire1/bild.jpg

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 01:44 
Management/Moderator

That's one good looking vehicle...maybe I should learn another foreign language so I can do that too (joke about airplanes while flying... :lol: )

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 02:32 
Pilot

Cool beans...that storm was something else, went all the way down to SC, I was slippin n slidin down there to NC. Quite a mess, but I see the MD sand and salt washed off quite nice on the Jag!!

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 03:18 
Management/Moderator

Sounds like a great trip! Jaggggg!!!! Nice!

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 03:29 
Management

Dennis wrote:
That's one good looking vehicle...maybe I should learn another foreign language so I can do that too (joke about airplanes while flying... :lol: )

Maybe you and I should do that on a flight that doesn't involve two Spanish speaking destinations (like Paris to London if we could both ever figure out a way to pay for that :rolling: ).

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009, 06:58 
Pilot

DMM200 wrote:
caps1237 wrote:
DMM200 wrote:

Top Gear reference?

Somebody called?

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009, 07:51 

NWADC9 wrote:
DMM200 wrote:
caps1237 wrote:
Top Gear reference?

Somebody called?

Woot! Cookie!

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009, 17:31 
Management

NWADC9 wrote:
Somebody called?

Mmmmmm, Christmas edition. Thanks!