Air Expo 2010

Talk about flying in the real world.

Moderator: Moderating Team

xXBuryTheDeadXx
Pilot

Air Expo 2010

Post by xXBuryTheDeadXx » 18 Jul 2010, 12:31

So I recently went to the Air Expo at Flying Cloud in Eden Prairie and i got some pretty cool shots. Tell me what you think. I am sorry about the second shot and you can see the different shots in one by the color of the sky. I am waiting to hear back on the first shot from A.net
Cirrus sr-20
a10 Warthog
Facebook Youtube Tumblr
Thanks to Fraser for the amazing banner!!!
Soon to be Marine

sanins192
Management/Moderator

Re: Air Expo 2010

Post by sanins192 » 18 Jul 2010, 23:14

The second shot is pretty cool. I like the fisheye effect. Just spend a little time tweaking the colours a little and blending the seam, and it should look really good.

xXBuryTheDeadXx
Pilot

Post by xXBuryTheDeadXx » 18 Jul 2010, 23:18

sanins192 wrote:The second shot is pretty cool. I like the fisheye effect. Just spend a little time tweaking the colours a little and blending the seam, and it should look really good.

How can I tweak the colors faster in GIMP? Is there a tool that allows you to do that?
Facebook Youtube Tumblr
Thanks to Fraser for the amazing banner!!!
Soon to be Marine

sanins192
Management/Moderator

Post by sanins192 » 22 Jul 2010, 12:20

I'm sure that if you look hard enough there will be some tool that enables you to match colours between pictures, but if you just use the colour adjustment and gradient tools in the GIMP, you should be able to edit the right hand picture so the blues match a bit better. To be honest, the aircraft and ground colours match, so you would only need to adjust for the sky. Then carefully blend the two edges. I would probably use the clone tool over a wider area so that it does not look like a very narrow and smooth band where you have tried to blend the two sides.

I'm sure there are some proper ways to merge pictures, but you should be able to get good results by just playing round with colours and blending.