Any aviation presents out there?

The place for all things not aviation.

Moderator: Moderating Team

Northwestdc9
Management/Moderator

Any aviation presents out there?

Post by Northwestdc9 » 26 Dec 2009, 20:50

Well.....Christmas is over, so.... did anyone get anything aviation related? Or worth sharing?

This was a cash Christmas for me but I did buy a few things on eBay over the past week.

Northwest 747-400 safety card (new)
And the following timetables to help continue flying in the 90s when 762s, D10s, 747s and M11s ruled the skies. It's loads of fun.
AA 11/94
AA 06/95
AA 04/98
AC 10/98
CO 11/98
DL 06/97
DL 06/99

Still need UA from the 90s but they're hard to find.
And I plan on printing the Northwest/KLM sign from behind the checkin counter that I've always wanted and having that built onto my wall. Should be 10 feet long! This one for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about: http://and1.dnsalias.com:666/Temp/signsm.jpg

What about you?
Aviation Research Engineer - University of Iowa

Dennis
Management/Moderator

Re: Any aviation presents out there?

Post by Dennis » 26 Dec 2009, 20:56

Well, I have to admit that when an economic situation arrives, it hurts everyone. My Christmas, though not as "plentiful" as the last one, included:
1. A bagful of Axe products
2. $40
3. HP 6
4. An 8GB iTouch (believe me, more than enough for me)
5. A Lacoste perfume

However, along with those $40, I plan to do THE craziest thing ever: buy a Super Nintendo with Super Mario World. There's just not beating the classics. :laugh:
^^Courtesy of Fraser Jeffery. To SimAirline.net. It's been a blast!^^
*Click on the banner for the latest on Viewpoint, the official SimAirline.net blog*

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 26 Dec 2009, 21:30

I didn't get any aviation-related items for Christmas. However, for my birthday the week before, I received a 1:500 Herpa AeroLloyd Airbus A321 model, and a 1:200 SkyMarks ArkeFly B763 model.

My brother also found an old collection of diecast United models (727, 747, 767, DC10) that have been laying around somewhere for god only knows how long.

flyingking12093
Pilot

Post by flyingking12093 » 26 Dec 2009, 22:19

Nothing aviation related but I did get...
1. $650 laptop
2. $150 binoculars
3. $75 putting green
4. $60 for iTunes
5. $90 for Target
6. Modern Warfare 2 (love this game) :D
7. Swiss gear backpack for my new laptop
8. couple new sweatshirt
9. Oh and a sprained wrist, twisted thumb, bruised spine, and an insanely scarred shin.

Probably one of the best Christmas's I've had in awhile. :D
Bryan O'Fallon

*What touchdown zone?*
Huge thanks to Fraser for the banner
Youtube, Flight simulations, Facebook

caps1237

Post by caps1237 » 26 Dec 2009, 22:54

Those injuries better have come from sledding! lol :laugh:

Well for Hanukah, I got some Ande Rooney porcelain old-school airline signs for my room/dorm.
-Delta: http://www.aikensairplanes.com/anderoon ... _delta.htm
-Piedmont: http://www.townhardware.com/index.cgi?B ... as_bigview
-United: http://www.aikensairplanes.com/anderoon ... united.htm
Private Pilot - Single Engine Land

NWADC9
Pilot

Post by NWADC9 » 26 Dec 2009, 22:59

Northwestdc9 wrote:Well.....Christmas is over, so.... did anyone get anything aviation related? Or worth sharing?

This was a cash Christmas for me but I did buy a few things on eBay over the past week.

And the following timetables to help continue flying in the 90s when 762s, D10s, 747s and M11s ruled the skies. It's loads of fun.
AA 11/94
AA 06/95
AA 04/98
AC 10/98
CO 11/98
DL 06/97
DL 06/99

And I plan on printing the Northwest/KLM sign from behind the checkin counter that I've always wanted and having that built onto my wall. Should be 10 feet long! This one for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about: http://and1.dnsalias.com:666/Temp/signsm.jpg

What about you?

So you were the one two won that safety card! :P

I believe I saw that sign on eBay last week, straight out of ORD along with a crapload of other signs.

flyingking12093
Pilot

Post by flyingking12093 » 26 Dec 2009, 23:27

caps1237 wrote:Those injuries better have come from sledding! lol :laugh:

Yes they were. We set up 4-5 tables in a line and tried to do spins and stuff off the last one and it didn't work out so well. :lol: It was great.
Bryan O'Fallon

*What touchdown zone?*
Huge thanks to Fraser for the banner
Youtube, Flight simulations, Facebook

Northwestdc9
Management/Moderator

Post by Northwestdc9 » 27 Dec 2009, 02:43

NWADC9 wrote:
Northwestdc9 wrote:Well.....Christmas is over, so.... did anyone get anything aviation related? Or worth sharing?

AA 11/94
AA 06/95
AA 04/98
AC 10/98
CO 11/98
DL 06/97
DL 06/99

What about you?

So you were the one two won that safety card! :P

I believe I saw that sign on eBay last week, straight out of ORD along with a crapload of other signs.

Hahaha, had to have it! Should complete the mainline pre-Delta fleet collection.
Yeah that's the sign but rather than pay a couple hundred dollars, I'm having it built new and to my specs. Should be neat.

Dennis
Management/Moderator

Post by Dennis » 27 Dec 2009, 04:05

There's one on eBay that has neon lights. I think I'll buy it. Just not sure which airline it should be. NW, perhaps?
^^Courtesy of Fraser Jeffery. To SimAirline.net. It's been a blast!^^
*Click on the banner for the latest on Viewpoint, the official SimAirline.net blog*

alma343
Pilot

Post by alma343 » 27 Dec 2009, 09:49

2 years Airliner World subscription

seahawks7757
Pilot

Post by seahawks7757 » 27 Dec 2009, 13:07

PMDG 747-400X
Click on the banner above to get to my Flickr Account!

a.trailblazer7
Pilot

Post by a.trailblazer7 » 28 Dec 2009, 14:57

Wife and kids got me REX Weather and FSPassengers (1st payware thing ever for FS9) :D :D
500GB External Hard drive :D :D
Clothes, gift cards for Apple Bee's, Cracker Barrel, new Star Trek movie, which I must say did impress me. Was good job done, and 15 Urban Action movies, on 4 cd's
Much thanks to Fraser J. for making a great banner!!

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 28 Dec 2009, 14:59

Not gonna say anything about the new Star Trek movie. :evil:

a.trailblazer7
Pilot

Post by a.trailblazer7 » 28 Dec 2009, 15:12

I'll tell u 1 of 2 things...
You either have to be a Trekkie to understand it,
or
You really have to pay attention to understand it.
Before Thanksgiving I saw parts of it at Wal-Mart and thought of giving it a shot. So, we rented it while in Fla, wife and I are fans, and thought it was worthy of tagging along w/the rest of our Trek flicks

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 28 Dec 2009, 19:44

I am not a hard-core Trekkie, but I am enough of a fan that I am willing to drop (almost) anything in order to watch it. I have also thoroughly enjoyed every Star Trek movie released, except the new one.

The movie was billed as the untold beginning of Star Trek, and there is a very good reason why it was untold. Because it never happened! Yes, Star Trek is known for both going back and forth in time, as well as mucking about with alternate realities, but this is the first time that a Star Trek story has completely destroyed its own timeline.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a good movie (except for the ever-present lens flares, GOD they overdid that). I'm just enough of a Star Trek purist to detest what they did to the Star Trek timeline. The only possible reason I can see for it is to wipe the slate completely clean and send the timeline in a completely different direction. If the franchise is going to do that, I pray they do better than the dreck that was Enterprise.

I still say that Roddenberry is rolling in his grave.

a.trailblazer7
Pilot

Post by a.trailblazer7 » 28 Dec 2009, 20:18

RatherBFlyin wrote:I am not a hard-core Trekkie, but I am enough of a fan that I am willing to drop (almost) anything in order to watch it. I have also thoroughly enjoyed every Star Trek movie released, except the new one.

The movie was billed as the untold beginning of Star Trek, and there is a very good reason why it was untold. Because it never happened! Yes, Star Trek is known for both going back and forth in time, as well as mucking about with alternate realities, but this is the first time that a Star Trek story has completely destroyed its own timeline.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a good movie (except for the ever-present lens flares, GOD they overdid that). I'm just enough of a Star Trek purist to detest what they did to the Star Trek timeline. The only possible reason I can see for it is to wipe the slate completely clean and send the timeline in a completely different direction. If the franchise is going to do that, I pray they do better than the dreck that was Enterprise.

I still say that Roddenberry is rolling in his grave.

Well, I hope they don't continue w/this course of action. Shows they must be pretty desperiate to keep it going. Maybe some more of the ol' timers will come back. I think Shanter pretty much told them to piss off.
It was full of action and a twist...Spock and Uhura lovers? WOW :lol:

Northwestdc9
Management/Moderator

Post by Northwestdc9 » 28 Dec 2009, 22:53

RatherBFlyin wrote:Not gonna say anything about the new Star Trek movie. :evil:

:rolling: But it was soooo good. :rolling:

sanins192
Management/Moderator

Post by sanins192 » 28 Dec 2009, 23:04

I bought myself REX for FS9 just before Christmas, but due to a corrupt file on the FlightSim Store servers I only got it working on Christmas day. Nice present for Christmas though. :D

I also got a book called 'The Aerodynamics of the Wing'. It's a very intense maths-based book about aerodynamics and other things relating to mechanics and flight. I think I'll wait until I'm at uni before I sit down and read it properly.

NWADC9
Pilot

Post by NWADC9 » 29 Dec 2009, 02:23

Aviation presents I've gotten (with Christmas money):
Commercial Aircraft 2010 Calendar
http://www.amazon.com/Commercial-Aircra ... B002MQJBEG (although I didn't buy it through Amazon)

Whatever I get here:
http://www.collegeparkaviationmuseum.com/home.htm

Whatever you guys buy me :smokin:

caps1237

Post by caps1237 » 29 Dec 2009, 03:58

NWADC9 wrote:Whatever I get here:
http://www.collegeparkaviationmuseum.com/home.htm

Lame gift shop, I've never found anything worth buying there, and I'm not a huge fan of the museum itself either. Nothing there of significance you can't see at the Air & Space Museum.

Oh and in other news, as a holiday/ end of semester present to myself I bought a pair of David Clark H10-13.4's. Sooo comfy, can't wait to use them sometime soon.
Private Pilot - Single Engine Land