Airsoft anyone?

The place for all things not aviation.

Moderator: Moderating Team

flyingking12093
Pilot

Airsoft anyone?

Post by flyingking12093 » 14 Jan 2010, 02:33

I was just wondering if anyone here was into Airsoft. If you are... Please let me know how well this combo would work out in the field.
http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GR-WELL-G96-AWM.htm
http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-DE-M82-SG552.htm

Thanks
Bryan O'Fallon

*What touchdown zone?*
Huge thanks to Fraser for the banner
Youtube, Flight simulations, Facebook

RatherBFlyin

Re: Airsoft anyone?

Post by RatherBFlyin » 14 Jan 2010, 04:26

Looks interesting, but I haven't had the opportunity to try any Airsoft activities yet.

Northwestdc9
Management/Moderator

Post by Northwestdc9 » 14 Jan 2010, 06:27

I actually have something very similar to the second one listed, it's alright but with automatic you will run through more (expensive) ammo than you can possibly imagine. It's also not very accurate and doesn't hurt that bad. (not necessarily a downside)

I have.... 2 pistols, a shotgun and the automatic assault rifle type thing listed above.
All of them are spring powered with the exception of the last which is electric, I've stayed away from CO2 powered guns because of the cost and irritation of having to buy more canisters. Springs require nothing and electricity I have at home and it's free!

Shotgun (about $80) was the best buy, that thing is awesome but causes some serious pain. Having been a little..... um... yeah... I was convinced that it was a good idea to be shot point blank in the foot and in the back. It leaves a mark for a few days and hurts like hell.

It's fun but man does it hurt, I probably won't do it much more, I don't like being completely bruised head to toe. (even with a mask and jacket, it still really hurts, especially if it hits bone.)
Aviation Research Engineer - University of Iowa

flyingking12093
Pilot

Post by flyingking12093 » 14 Jan 2010, 13:56

Northwestdc9 wrote:I actually have something very similar to the second one listed, it's alright but with automatic you will run through more (expensive) ammo than you can possibly imagine. It's also not very accurate and doesn't hurt that bad. (not necessarily a downside)

I have.... 2 pistols, a shotgun and the automatic assault rifle type thing listed above.
All of them are spring powered with the exception of the last which is electric, I've stayed away from CO2 powered guns because of the cost and irritation of having to buy more canisters. Springs require nothing and electricity I have at home and it's free!

Shotgun (about $80) was the best buy, that thing is awesome but causes some serious pain. Having been a little..... um... yeah... I was convinced that it was a good idea to be shot point blank in the foot and in the back. It leaves a mark for a few days and hurts like hell.

It's fun but man does it hurt, I probably won't do it much more, I don't like being completely bruised head to toe. (even with a mask and jacket, it still really hurts, especially if it hits bone.)
Yeah I've played airsoft until my assault rifle broke. :( And since my birthday is coming up in a couple of days.... Why not just buy a new gun or two. And why did you think it was a smart idea to shot yourself? :lol:
Bryan O'Fallon

*What touchdown zone?*
Huge thanks to Fraser for the banner
Youtube, Flight simulations, Facebook

Northwestdc9
Management/Moderator

Post by Northwestdc9 » 14 Jan 2010, 21:29

Yep, sounds like a good idea. Be sure and buy a bunch of CO2 for that sniper rifle.
Aviation Research Engineer - University of Iowa

Carlo
Pilot

Post by Carlo » 16 Jan 2010, 02:42

I would avoid Double Eagle AEGs.

They're classed as 'Chinese airsoft' for a reason (not only because they're made in China).

They're cheap, they feel cheap and they perform cheap.

False economy.

Blackhawk
Pilot

Post by Blackhawk » 26 Jan 2010, 00:21

Airsoft always seemed interesting, but I never really knew anyone that played it here. I played paintball once, that was fun. I did have an Airsoft gun...Though I gave it to my friend after I cracked my bedroom window from accidentally shooting it...
Thanks to Nick Anderson for the awesome banner!