Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - Top 5 Cruise Lines

It is currently 20 Mar 2019, 06:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Top 5 Cruise Lines
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 21:40 
Pilot

Thought I would throw this out there, seeing summer is coming....my favorite made #3
http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/04/13/b ... nlprim0925

Post subject: Re: Top 5 Cruise Lines
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 23:14 

I've been on 3: Princess, Celebrity, Royal Carib.

Princess is great, but mainly if you're older. They have the usual kids clubs & stuff, but it's geared toward an older demographic.

Celebrity was crap. :laugh: The boat was old though so that didn't make things any better.

Royal Caribbean knows how to do it right. They're the biggest because they've got the most fun onboard. Plus their ships are more impressive than just about any plane ever made.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 00:33 
Management/Moderator

I have only traveled aboard RC's Adventure of the Seas 3 times. I'll take RC over Carnival any day, despite Carnival's low prices. I remember I had brochures about Crystal Cruises, there's a reason they're first and I can say that they deserve it. Disney...meh, by magic Mickey can be at Paris, Tokyo, Orlando, California, and two cruise ships at the same time...magic is no longer XD. Princess is a great cruise line if you're retired and want peace and tranquility. If party and fun is what you're looking for, consider another cruise line.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 01:58 
Pilot

Disney by far is great if you have kids (and you're a kid at heart) Been on them twice and got another booked in 2011. Carnival is ok as well, went on them in '04, and got one coming up this June, just for me and the wife.
Disney does it up for us, not just for the kids, but the service and grown up time we had was great. On the Magic, I never knew there was 2,500 people there. On a Carnival cruise, you know there's 2,500 people there

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 03:02 
Management/Moderator

I think that since I'm in my early 20s, Disney's cruises don't attract me enough to consider them. However, that last statement is true. Adventure of the Seas carries nearly 3,300 passengers and crew, IIRC. You often wonder where they are. The ship is so big and has so many things to do, people are scattered throughout the ship. Even at dinner you don't see so many people.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 13:36 

I've only been on one cruise with Norwegian, so I don't really have a basis for comparison. However, my sister has a friend who works with Disney cruises, so one of these days I may see if I can get a discount. :twisted:

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 18:44 
Pilot

I've never been on a cruise ship, so you guys are far ahead of me. The biggest boat I've been on was an 83 footer...the Valdez Spirit, operated by Stan Stephen's Cruises on a 9 hour glacier and wildlife cruise for a my dad's friend's retirement party years ago (photo of the ship on this PDF here: http://www.allamericanmarine.com/pdf/Ca ... Spirit.pdf).

I plan on going on a cruise someday...Anyone got any recommendations of which company and where to cruise?

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 20:09 
Management/Moderator

I would recommend Alaska, but why take a cruise right where you live? Caribbean cruises are always fun. I've wanted to go either on an Alaskan cruise or an European cruise. I've taken the same route on Adventure of the Seas: Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, St. Thomas. Seven day cruise for $300-$500...I'll take it.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2010, 20:47 

Dennis wrote:
I would recommend Alaska, but why take a cruise right where you live? Caribbean cruises are always fun. I've wanted to go either on an Alaskan cruise or an European cruise. I've taken the same route on Adventure of the Seas: Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, St. Thomas. Seven day cruise for $300-$500...I'll take it.

As someone who's been on an Alaskan cruise...its amazing. Really great. And I was in Glacier Bay the last week it was open to cruise ships. Really amazing.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 15:20 
Pilot

Dennis wrote:

You must have had an interior cabin not ocean view for that price. I gotta see whats out there.
The wife and I probally in the next few years take an Alaska Cruise, since we've done most of the Carribean. Next Disney ride is Mexican Riveria 11/2011. Takin in-laws :mrgreen: (pray for me)

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 17:13 
Management/Moderator

Ocean view cabins on Adventure of the Seas go from $500+. When you travel with your family and you are still underage, you HAVE to go with that they say and if THEY want an interior cabin, then interior cabin it is. However, the first time I went on a cruise we were in an ocean view cabin.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 18:37 
Pilot

Dennis wrote:
Ocean view cabins on Adventure of the Seas go from $500+. When you travel with your family and you are still underage, you HAVE to go with that they say and if THEY want an interior cabin, then interior cabin it is. However, the first time I went on a cruise we were in an ocean view cabin.

WOW. Thats kinda crazy. Don't have that problem on Disney, and haven't taken my kids on Carnival. Maybe one day when I get permission from the Wife, we'll go on RCL

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 18:45 
Pilot

If anyone ever takes an Alaska cruise and I'm still up here, let me know and maybe some day we can meet! :smokin:

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 19:01 
Pilot

Blackhawk wrote:
If anyone ever takes an Alaska cruise and I'm still up here, let me know and maybe some day we can meet! :smokin:

Uh, I think the wife and I was talking bout takin one in 2013?

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010, 11:32 
Pilot

Hmm, might be gone by then...I graduate from college in 2012 so I think I'm gonna get out of here for a bit after that