Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - Looks like a great summer

It is currently 20 Mar 2019, 05:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Looks like a great summer
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2010, 12:44 
Management/Moderator

Guys, I can't believe it but it's happened. I've been picked for a meteorology internship in Memphis. I'm still not sure if I should accept, but with our college on the verge of a prolonged strike, I think I'd rather get out of the chaos and do something worthwhile.

So, if I accept, you're more than welcome to visit me in Memphis :D

Post subject: Re: Looks like a great summer
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2010, 14:10 
Pilot

Hey congrads to ya...best of luck to ya!!

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2010, 16:31 
Management/Moderator

Great news Dennis. I know you've been holding out for something like this for ages, so I would definitely accept it. Best of luck!

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2010, 16:50 

Congrats Dennis! Definitely go for it too. I got to Northeastern Univ. which is built around the co-op, which are basically internships. I'm currently on mine, and I've heard nothing but positives from people in the workplace about this, and how important work experience is before you go out to start your career.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2010, 20:20 
Management

Congratulations Dennis!

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 00:06 
Management/Moderator

Congratulations Dennis, you'll enjoy a little summer fun in Memphis!

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 03:37 
Management/Moderator

Considering that meteorology is not my bachelor's degree, but what I aim to make my graduate studies in, I can say that this experience will definitely help me. Let's see how Memphis will treat me... :)

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 01:46 
Pilot

Good BBQ over there in Memphis, I'll tell ya

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2010, 01:26 
Management/Moderator

Well...it LOOKED like a great summer. Unfortunately, the hopes of this internship becoming a reality are very slim. All eleven campuses of the state university are on strike (with over 7 having a prolonged strike until some things are sorted out). My campus will shortly join the prolonged strike ones, and since the internships documents are worked ON campus, with all gates locked, if this goes on for about two more weeks, then there's no way I'll be able to go to Memphis. I'd have to take classes during the summer to complete the semester...FML! :(

PostPosted: 13 May 2010, 21:06 
Management/Moderator

Strike that last statement. Looks like the internship is a go. I've received confirmation for my flights. Looks like I'm going to Memphis after all. Bonus: the first time I fly in the A32X series, and a CRJ. I'm flying SJU-CLT-MEM with US.

PostPosted: 13 May 2010, 22:38 
Management/Moderator

Well done on getting the placement! I knew that it would play out alright. After all the work and trouble you've had trying to get an internship somewhere, you deserve this one!

PostPosted: 13 May 2010, 23:28 
Administrator

Dennis,

Please let me know when you're settled and I will visit for lunch or dinner sometime.

SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

PostPosted: 14 May 2010, 01:52 
Management/Moderator

Oh, that would be awesome. I'm traveling on June 5th, so I'll let you know. :D

PostPosted: 14 May 2010, 03:36 

Great to hear Dennis! Congrats.

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 03:09 
Pilot

Congrats, Dennis! Glad it all worked out. Too bad you're gonna be far away, it'd be nice if we could all do a little meet up. Maybe some day. :smokin:

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 04:39 
Management/Moderator

Blackhawk wrote:
Maybe some day. :smokin:
This time it was Memphis. Maybe next time it could be farther west. So who knows?

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2010, 20:20 
Management/Moderator

Greetings from FL320...currently over The Bahamas. I have a great trip report being written in word so expect my post later tonight or tomorrow morning.