Vista has let me down for the last time

The place for all things not aviation.

Moderator: Moderating Team

RatherBFlyin

Vista has let me down for the last time

Post by RatherBFlyin » 15 May 2010, 04:05

Well, I have had it with Vista. :rmad: It has failed three attempts to install updates, and as far as I am concerned, that is three strikes. I am going to try to obtain a copy of 7 this weekend and do a clean install. Hopefully it won't take me too long to get everything back up and running again.

sanins192
Management/Moderator

Re: Vista has let me down for the last time

Post by sanins192 » 15 May 2010, 16:49

Defnitely go for the upgrade if Vista is causing you grief. I did the swith the day Windows 7 came out and I'm not looking back.

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 15 May 2010, 17:02

Well, I am now running Windows 7. :D It was quite painless actually, I was impressed. Now just need to go through and reinstall everything...

Dennis
Management/Moderator

Post by Dennis » 15 May 2010, 17:17

RatherBFlyin wrote:Now just need to go through and reinstall everything...
Here comes the pain... :P
^^Courtesy of Fraser Jeffery. To SimAirline.net. It's been a blast!^^
*Click on the banner for the latest on Viewpoint, the official SimAirline.net blog*

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 16 May 2010, 06:24

Actually, it hasn't been all that bad so far. I haven't had anything complain about being installed in 7 yet, but I'm not done yet either. Probably would be done if I didn't have to work most of the afternoon and evening.

Blackhawk
Pilot

Post by Blackhawk » 17 May 2010, 03:07

Vista drove me up the wall so much. Luckily when I had bought the computer that had it, I had the Windows 7 upgrade promotion from Microsoft...Luckily I got the upgrade about 5 days before it expired. I haven't looked back. Everything runs fast and smooth, I only maybe experience a problem once a month (Vista was at least 3 times a day). I haven't looked back.
Thanks to Nick Anderson for the awesome banner!

Dennis
Management/Moderator

Post by Dennis » 17 May 2010, 04:43

I don't even own a copy of Windows 7 and already I'm experiencing problems with it. A friend of mine wanted to install Office 2007. I still have a copy of it so I decided to give one of the keys to her. The setup could never start. Files were not found. We basically looked through every solution available and nothing could be done.

I wondered if I have made the right decision sticking with Vista and XP and I think it has been good so far.
^^Courtesy of Fraser Jeffery. To SimAirline.net. It's been a blast!^^
*Click on the banner for the latest on Viewpoint, the official SimAirline.net blog*

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 17 May 2010, 21:55

The only snag I have run into so far is that iTunes stops responding whenever I connect my iPod to the computer to sync it. I don't think that is a Windows 7 problem though, or I'm sure I would have heard about it long before now.

sanins192
Management/Moderator

Post by sanins192 » 17 May 2010, 22:25

I don't have that problem. Make sure there are no other programs conflicting with it, such as Media Player or any other program you may have installed.

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 18 May 2010, 01:07

I am not aware of any conflicts. I don't use media player. The only thing I use to watch video or listen to music is VLC, and that never caused any issues with iTunes in Vista. Of course, that's no guarantee.