Politics

The place for all things not aviation.

Moderator: Moderating Team

detpilot

Politics

Post by detpilot » 06 Jul 2007, 23:59

So we can stop hijacking other threads, have at it! Lets not have any personal insults.
**Professional Banner Courtesy of Nick Anderson**
FAA Certified Commercial Pilot/ Flight Instructor
ASEL/AMEL/IFR

NWADC9
Pilot

Post by NWADC9 » 07 Jul 2007, 00:09

Bush sucks on immigration...

Northwestdc9
Management/Moderator

Post by Northwestdc9 » 07 Jul 2007, 00:52

Bush sucks on everything.....
Aviation Research Engineer - University of Iowa

CX888
Pilot

Post by CX888 » 07 Jul 2007, 01:07

Well, Dick Cheney isn't a lot better, Jon Stewart said about him stamping his media conference speech drafts TREATED AS SECRET 'And this crazy old man is ruling the country? We're asking to be shot in the face!'
:lol:
^^^Information correct at time of making, future accuracy NOT guarenteed

capewellavc
Pilot

Post by capewellavc » 07 Jul 2007, 01:25

Lets not have any personal insults.

Bush sucks on everything.....

Hmmm.....

I personally think Brown will be a great prime minister.

thenetdude
Pilot

Post by thenetdude » 07 Jul 2007, 03:12

brown? Not sure I know of this person (no I know its not the COLOR brown) but are we talking about Joe Brown or what?

CX888
Pilot

Post by CX888 » 07 Jul 2007, 03:21

The new British Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, Blair stepped down, so Brown stepped up
^^^Information correct at time of making, future accuracy NOT guarenteed

thenetdude
Pilot

Post by thenetdude » 07 Jul 2007, 03:29

oh, I haven't kept up, ty for the info.

Well the last decent president we've had was before G. Bush Sr. I think thats Nixon. Infact, all of our presidents at least after George Washington were all corrupt I don't know much about the presidency before then.

Paul150
Pilot

Post by Paul150 » 07 Jul 2007, 04:42

The last time I took the politicalcompass.org quiz, I scored 8.98/10 economically to the right and -4.33 towards libertarianism on the social scale.

detpilot

Post by detpilot » 07 Jul 2007, 04:47

Lets not have any personal insults.

I kinda meant towards each other :wink:
ASEL/AMEL/IFR

CaseyD
Pilot

Post by CaseyD » 07 Jul 2007, 05:28

Hillary would be the world's worst leader. About 90% of the stuff she says is a lie, that's up from the previous record about 80% (for her husband).

Clinton (Bill) had Osama Bin Laden 3 times prior to 9/11, however he was too busy banging the White House press secretary to do anything about it.

I think Reagan was a great one. Only one to win the country by a landslide, 49 out of 50 states. When Libya started to give us trouble, the very next day two F-104s took out every one of his palaces across Libya, I admire presidents who do what they want and ignore what may be "politically correct." Political correctness is about the most B.S. I've ever heard of...
^Special thanks to Dean Clay for the excellent banner.^

detpilot

Post by detpilot » 07 Jul 2007, 05:34

Clinton (Bill) had Osama Bin Laden 3 times prior to 9/11, however he was too busy banging the White House press secretary to do anything about it.

That's not a fair statement, I don't see how him banging the secretary had any effect on his ability to run the country. George Bush "bangs" Laura, but because they're married, it doesn't have the same effect?
ASEL/AMEL/IFR

CaseyD
Pilot

Post by CaseyD » 07 Jul 2007, 05:36

but because they're married, it doesn't have the same effect?

No. When the president is commiting adultery, he's probably focusing most of his attention on trying to cover it up. That being said, don't you remember that news that entire year was basically all Clinton/Lawinski?

detpilot

Post by detpilot » 07 Jul 2007, 05:53

That being said, don't you remember that news that entire year was basically all Clinton/Lawinski?

I also remember how big of a deal the news made over an A320 landing with a nosewheel malfunction.

It just seems like you're saying that Clinton let Bin Laden go so he could go in the back and screw Monica... which I don't think is accurate or fair.
ASEL/AMEL/IFR

thenetdude
Pilot

Post by thenetdude » 07 Jul 2007, 06:57

Its hard to prove what really affects what and what effects caused what etc etc.

Lets put it this way, if you are a president of your company and you are partying with your friends and such and then you do something stupid and you go back to work and find out that all your employees and customers will know about it what is going to be your most priority? Cover up or let it spill and you potentially lose your company (office).

On the other hand you could have had a party with your family done something stupid and nobody could care less and you go right back to work no problem.

Just because someone is having an affair doesn't mean their focus has shifted from doing what they were supposed to be doing to covering up their stupidity but having an affair WILL have an effect on what goes on in the days ahead of the incident so its a delicate balance.

CaseyD
Pilot

Post by CaseyD » 07 Jul 2007, 07:02

Very well put.

thenetdude
Pilot

Post by thenetdude » 07 Jul 2007, 07:06

Ty :D I took my time, I'm not hardly able to write something well put like that maybe 2% of the time lol :).

capewellavc
Pilot

Post by capewellavc » 07 Jul 2007, 11:41

I've never seen the problem with people having affairs in office. As long as they are not being hypocritical (I.e. sprouting all the family values BS) then why not? People do things like that all the time. I elect people to do a job, it's no business of mine who they are having fun with.

On a side note however... if the UK could have a female PM in the 80's, then I'm sure the US can have one.

However... a change in constitution and let Arnie be the president :P

Dennis
Management/Moderator

Post by Dennis » 07 Jul 2007, 14:34

I personally want Hillary to win the 08 elections. I don't see Obama as a good candidate, though he's in a very tight race. I don't want Republicans to win, and if by some chance they do, I think I'll leave the country. Puerto Rico is a territory and if the US engages in a war, they'll recruit troops from PR, and I'll be at an age where I'm eligible for combat operations.

Let's just hope that whoever wins can enjoy peace rather than disrupt it with stupid and invalid "information".
^^Courtesy of Fraser Jeffery. To SimAirline.net. It's been a blast!^^
*Click on the banner for the latest on Viewpoint, the official SimAirline.net blog*

NWADC9
Pilot

Post by NWADC9 » 07 Jul 2007, 15:28

capewellavc wrote:I've never seen the problem with people having affairs in office. As long as they are not being hypocritical (I.e. sprouting all the family values BS) then why not? People do things like that all the time. I elect people to do a job, it's no business of mine who they are having fun with.

It wasn't just the affair that landed Clinton in hot water, it was the fact he lied under oath. You CAN NOT lie under oath, and not only he lied under oath once, but continually! Plus, he was one of, if not the most, powerful man in the world, and doing something absolutely immoral (i.e. cheating on your wife), that's not good PR with your country's citizens, and even for the country itself. That's one out of many reasons I view Clinton as one of the worst Presidents in American History, Carter being THE worst.

CaseyD wrote:Hillary would be the world's worst leader. About 90% of the stuff she says is a lie, that's up from the previous record about 80% (for her husband).

I think Reagan was a great one. Only one to win the country by a landslide, 49 out of 50 states. When Libya started to give us trouble, the very next day two F-104s took out every one of his palaces across Libya, I admire presidents who do what they want and ignore what may be "politically correct." Political correctness is about the most B.S. I've ever heard of...

*applause*