Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /misc/20/334/450/285/9/user/web/simairline.net/messageboards/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
SimAirline.net - Message Boards • View topic - Complaint to the IFC

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 08:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Complaint to the IFC
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2007, 04:16 
Administrator

Original version posted at http://ifcglobalnetwork.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

My (virtual airline) organization, SimAirline.net, was an exhibitor at IFC 2005 in Blackpool. I was intending to participate in 2006’s conventions in both Denver and Birmingham, and placed deposits for both conventions (£120/$208 US) in November 2005. Mark Silcock’s policy towards non-profit organizations such as ours has been to provide us with space when available, and on a refundable deposit basis. I am greatly appreciative of this policy, Mark’s help for us in the paste, and the connections and friendships formed as a result of IFC.

My father was facing major health complications in the months leading up to the Denver convention, and passed away in June 2006. I warned Mark in May that I would have to cancel SimAirline.net’s presence at both conventions, and he assured me that he would be providing us with a full refund.

After allowing Mark a few weeks to recuperate from the work of the Denver convention, I emailed him in July asking for the return of our deposit. Mark proceeded to inform me that “a in my previous emails this will be fully refunded after IFC Europe.” This was simply not the case, and was never stated explicitly in any such communication between us. Two subsequent emails complaining about this claim went unanswered.

A reply from Mark to one of my emails in December (after the Birmingham convention) assured me that “we in the process of the refunds and you are on the list so bare with me on this and it will be with you asap.” Three additional emails between December and February failed to elicit responses. A phone conversation in early March led to the same reply—I was assured that the refund would be coming soon.

For volunteer organizations such as my own SimAirline.net, investments in conventions such as IFC are a major undertaking and not to be taken lightly. Over half of our financial resources at the time were used to provide our deposit for two IFC conventions in 2006, financial resources that we were told to expect back—but have not—for the last eleven months. In total, these resources have been effectively lost for seventeen months at this point, and I fear that they may in fact be lost forever.

The lack of communication and candor from IFC has been extremely disappointing and has had an adverse effect on my organization’s finances since then. I remain hopeful that this matter can be resolved, but I find it necessary to air my grievances as well in order for the IFC community to be fully aware of the less-than-perfect reputation that IFC has made for itself.

See also http://forum.transloadairlines.com/inde ... wtopic=168

Background Links:
http://www.ifcglobalnetwork.com/
http://www.simairline.net/archive/messa ... _05_7.html
http://www.simairline.net/messageboards ... php?t=1296

SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2007, 05:06 
Management/Moderator

Ouch ! Let'em have it Aaron !!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2007, 12:32 
Pilot

Such a horrible thing to do and such horrible people!

Serieously Ouch!!!!!!!!

:x

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2007, 14:59 
Pilot

If even part of what Ken Paulick claims is true, then IFC is certainly not an organization that we should be associated with. I wish you luck in obtaining the refunds but don't hold out much hope. At least its not the $8000 that Ken invested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2007, 15:03 
Pilot

WOW ! Good luck getting the money back. Terrible that this is happening...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2007, 20:01 

Wow, that's insane, had no clue that this was happening. Like Nick said - let them have it, if they want to have any kind of reputation, they'll refund the money they owe to everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2007, 00:56 
Pilot

WTF? What is wrong with IFC not refunding money to someone that didn't go to the convention(Of course the Denver one was cancelled :roll: ) Well I agree with Nick. Let them have it. However, I think IFC will never refund the deposit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2007, 01:31 
Pilot

This is ridiculous. Great job Aaron!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2007, 02:25 
Administrator

Reply:
Aaron booked for both Denver and Birmingham 2006 and paid the deposit. A deposit is a guarantee to complete and all businesses would say, no completion you forfeit your deposit. Given the sad circumstances, I did say that Aaron could get his Denver refund back, but he did not show up at the Birmingham event either, even though it was (Five) months later. ? If someone books a stand, I have to make arrangements for the stand, change plans if people cancel. Do you know so little about running a major exhibition show. There was no excuse for the cancellation of Birmingham and quite rightly he forfeits his deposit.

Counter:
This was never indicated to me in any communications with Mark, and is the first I've heard of it. I am, of course, still awaiting the return of my deposit today, having been assured of receiving the full amount returned during my phone conversation with Mark last month (and in all previous communications).

SimAirline.net on Facebook and LinkedIn

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2007, 02:32 
Management/Moderator

Aaron Robinson wrote:
Reply:
Aaron booked for both Denver and Birmingham 2006 and paid the deposit. A deposit is a guarantee to complete and all businesses would say, no completion you forfeit your deposit. Given the sad circumstances, I did say that Aaron could get his Denver refund back, but he did not show up at the Birmingham event either, even though it was (Five) months later. ? If someone books a stand, I have to make arrangements for the stand, change plans if people cancel. Do you know so little about running a major exhibition show. There was no excuse for the cancellation of Birmingham and quite rightly he forfeits his deposit.

Counter:
This was never indicated to me in any communications with Mark, and is the first I've heard of it. I am, of course, still awaiting the return of my deposit today, having been assured of receiving the full amount returned during my phone conversation with Mark last month (and in all previous communications).

Sounds like he spent the money you paid or doesn't have it to give back to you. I'd call him again and keep on his case until you get what you're owed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2007, 02:42 

Crazy, just crazy. He's now going back on his words?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2007, 04:24 
Pilot

Wow There goes IFC's reputation :roll: Can't you make this a civil case to get the money back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2007, 20:54 
Pilot

ninerninerniner wrote:
Wow There goes IFC's reputation :roll: Can't you make this a civil case to get the money back?

While it might be possible, the lawyer fees would likely be higher than the amount owed :wink:

I totally agree with you, Aaron, and feel that you should go out and give IFC a bad reputation if he refuses to refund your money. Only if he had communicated possible reasons for keeping the deposit would he be able to, and this seemingly was never the case. Let him have it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2007, 21:11 
Pilot

Martin the Warrior wrote:
ninerninerniner wrote:

While it might be possible, the lawyer fees would likely be higher than the amount owed :wink:

Can't the fees be recovered from IFC by the command of the court if appeals are made ? (Pedro ? :wink: )
Martin the Warrior wrote:
I totally agree with you, Aaron, and feel that you should go out and give IFC a bad reputation if he refuses to refund your money. Only if he had communicated possible reasons for keeping the deposit would he be able to, and this seemingly was never the case. Let him have it!

Good point you've got there :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 19:20 
Pilot

I could understand that you are not getting back the deposit, but thats just not on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007, 03:22 
Pilot

Do you need someone to pop his tires Aaron? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007, 06:06 

Uh oh... the simairline mafia is born...

ASEL/AMEL/IFR

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007, 08:37 
Management/Moderator

I'll get another suit and change my name to Tony.... LOL !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007, 15:43 
Pilot

Lol!!!

Nice banner Nick!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007, 19:04 
Pilot

Leigh DiSantis wrote:
Do you need someone to pop his tires Aaron? :D

is that really appropriate?

considering that this is a rather serious issue