Posky 757 Time warp......

Problems getting an aircraft to work? We can help.

Moderator: Moderating Team

Post Reply
User avatar
Garyck
Pilot
Posts: 141
Joined: 04 Jul 2009, 20:32
Location: Liverpool, UK
Contact:

Posky 757 Time warp......

Post by Garyck » 09 Sep 2009, 08:45

Not sure if this in the correct place for this thread, but had a problem with a flight that has really got me :rmad:

I decided to fly COA21 EGCC-KEWR Boeing 757-200W.

Most of entire flight was fine, is was actually interesting as for a while, I was tracking with the AI COA21 from EGCC which took of a few mins before me. I lost him somewhere over the atlantic, then heard tower call him again while I was flying down the East coast of Canada/USA.

This is where things get weird, my GPS told me I had still about 150 to run, I was still at CRZ 35,000, so thought, I'd run down stairs and grab a coffee before tower began giving my my decent instructions. Must have been 2 mins maximum. I came back to find my 757 flying a very tight 'holding' pattern at 35000, doing well over the 270kts I had programmed into the Auto pilot, right on top of KEWR......................Anyone had this before? :?

I ended up aborting the flight, and will re-fly it at the weekend when I've got another spare 8hrs to sit at the PC.

Gary
Image
Image

User avatar
steve63
Pilot
Posts: 402
Joined: 27 Jan 2005, 17:54

Re: Posky 757 Time warp......

Post by steve63 » 09 Sep 2009, 16:26

It sounds to me like you had the game speed set at 4x and it would not
take long to cover 150 miles.
Image

Image

User avatar
Garyck
Pilot
Posts: 141
Joined: 04 Jul 2009, 20:32
Location: Liverpool, UK
Contact:

Re: Posky 757 Time warp......

Post by Garyck » 09 Sep 2009, 16:35

steve63 wrote:It sounds to me like you had the game speed set at 4x and it would not
take long to cover 150 miles.
I never have or intend on using the flight accelerate function, I don't mind being sat at the PC for hours on end............. That way it also gets me out of the way from the missus :rolling:
Image
Image

Northwestdc9
Management/Moderator
Posts: 9866
Joined: 10 Jan 2005, 03:32
Location: Iowa City, IA
Contact:

Re: Posky 757 Time warp......

Post by Northwestdc9 » 10 Sep 2009, 06:37

Now that's a weird one, my guess would be somehow, acceleration was turned on but that's just bizarre.

Probably just a one-time thing though.
Image
Aviation Research Engineer - University of Iowa

User avatar
Garyck
Pilot
Posts: 141
Joined: 04 Jul 2009, 20:32
Location: Liverpool, UK
Contact:

Re: Posky 757 Time warp......

Post by Garyck » 10 Sep 2009, 08:46

Northwestdc9 wrote:Now that's a weird one, my guess would be somehow, acceleration was turned on but that's just bizarre.

Probably just a one-time thing though.
I hope so, as it really did get me :rmad: . I can understand sitting at PC for hours then messing up the approach or landing then crash - Thats Pilot error. :roll: But to grab a coffee, come back to the pc and the find youreslf on over your destination at cruise height unexpectedly throws you into confusion.

Gary
Image
Image

User avatar
Samuel Arnold
Management
Posts: 1774
Joined: 14 May 2006, 10:17
Location: Picton, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Posky 757 Time warp......

Post by Samuel Arnold » 10 Sep 2009, 09:24

Garyck wrote:I hope so, as it really did get me :rmad: . I can understand sitting at PC for hours then messing up the approach or landing then crash - Thats Pilot error. :roll: But to grab a coffee, come back to the pc and the find youreslf on over your destination at cruise height unexpectedly throws you into confusion.
Ahh, the joys of AutoSave.
Image
|| Signature banner by Fraser Jeffery ||
Samuel Arnold | Virtual Airline Manager - ANA Virtual, Varig Virtual
samuel.arnold@simairline.net | AIM: SamArnold960

Post Reply