767 GE Engine Sound Problems

Problems getting an aircraft to work? We can help.

Moderator: Moderating Team

Hawaiian1
Pilot

767 GE Engine Sound Problems

Post by Hawaiian1 » 06 Dec 2009, 19:35

I had to re-install my flight simulator so I had to upload all my aircraft I had. I want to have the 767-300 have the GE engine sound. I downloaded it, extracted all files, and added it to the aircraft file already in flight simulator and then deleted the previous sound file (Pratt & Whitney). When I tried to use it there wasn't any sound. Can anyone tell me exactly what I have to do to get the GE engine sound? This is the download from the Hawaiian fleet page.

Thanks

caps1237

Re: 767 GE Engine Sound Problems

Post by caps1237 » 06 Dec 2009, 21:47

In the future, please do not post topics with all caps or vague titles. I've fixed it for you.

Thanks!
Private Pilot - Single Engine Land

sanins192
Management/Moderator

Post by sanins192 » 06 Dec 2009, 22:49

It sounds like you're going wrong somewhere in the installation process. Have a look at this guide to see if you are installing them correctly: http://www.simairline.net/downloads/tut ... ounds.html

RatherBFlyin

Post by RatherBFlyin » 06 Dec 2009, 23:58

What I do with sounds is to create a folder within the Aircraft folder named "Sound" then I tuck all of the various sound folders inside there and alias to them.

Most recently I got a set of CFM sounds for the A320 family, so the path to those sounds on my computer is: [default FSX aircraft folder location]\Sound\a320_CFM\sounds

Then the sound.cfg file for my CFM-equipped A320 family aircraft get the following two lines (and only the following two lines):

Code: Select all

[fltsim]
alias=Sound\a320_CFM\sound
If you do it correctly, the sound folder inside the a320_CFM folder (in my example) should contain all of the sound files you want, as well as the sound.cfg file that tells FS when to play them. Make sure the sound.cfg file is correct, or you won't get any sound at all, even if the sound files are all there.

This way I only have one copy of the sounds on my hard drive (sound files take up a great deal of space, relatively speaking), but I can have an unlimited number of aircraft using them. This method works fine with FS9 as well.