unable to add scenery... bgl files don't show up in FS

Having issues installing add-on scenery?

Moderator: Moderating Team

mynetdude
Pilot

unable to add scenery... bgl files don't show up in FS

Post by mynetdude » 17 Aug 2008, 19:33

Either I'm stupid or I am not doing something right because I remember when adding scenery to the FS scenery library manually you had to select a .bgl if I'm not mistaken at least the main .bgl.

Problem: I installed Gary Wildup's GMAX KSLC the files are in their respective proper locations, but FS doesn't see the bgl files at all. Well, I looked at other scenery that I installed such as FlightZone Portland, Flytampa Seattle and San Francisco... they work just fine in FS as well and to my dismay their files also don't appear when I go to manually locate the scenery in FS to see if it can/will see the bgl files.

Without it I can't add the scenery AFAIK. I also noticed that if I want to edit one of the added sceneries such as say for example simflyers las vegas (which sucks btw) it doesn't go to its folder that it should to go so I am stumped as to why I can't add scenery. UAC is turned off since I am using Vista.

mynetdude
Pilot

Re: unable to add scenery... bgl files don't show up in FS

Post by mynetdude » 17 Aug 2008, 21:51

ah my bad, this actually belongs in the FS scenery support forum. So no takers on this yet? :(

APeX3181
Pilot

Post by APeX3181 » 17 Aug 2008, 22:04

When adding scenery to the library, you don't select a .bgl file. (Individual files won't display when adding via the library) You need to select the folder which contains both the "Scenery" and "Texture" folder.

For example...if you're adding the following New York scenery with the following folders installed:
Flight Simulator 9\
.............Addon Scenery\
...........................New York\
..................................Scenery\
...................................Texture\

....the folder you select in the library would be the Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\New York\

Hope this helps. :|

mynetdude
Pilot

Post by mynetdude » 17 Aug 2008, 23:34

well I thought I saw something weird about the dev's readme... so basically his setup is wrong or I read it wrong... once again I am stupid.

yeah that is the problem, I'll add it after I land :)

mynetdude
Pilot

Post by mynetdude » 18 Aug 2008, 01:32

oh well it wasn't even a scenery problem or FS problem... it was a ME problem.. I'm stupid #1

I got it ty for helping :)